Un- Sikh like practices of SikhNet & Yogi Bhajan's sect marginalizes 3HO businesses from traditional Sikhs

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 13:05 (3928 days ago) @ Gursant Singh
edited by Gursant Singh, Wednesday, July 17, 2013, 14:23

I thought it was interesting that there was no mention of Yogi Bhajan's President of Akal Security Daya Singh (sitting in all white slouching in chair) and Gurujot Kaur, Secretary General of YB's Sikh Dharma at this event with Sikh business people even though it looks like from the photos, Daya Singh and Gurujot Kaur attended. Look under the paragraph, "Some of the prominent business leaders who were present," and you'll see no listing for either Daya or Gurujot. http://www.sikhnet.com/news/sikh-business-leaders-white-house-celebrations-sikh-centennial
[image]

In the second pic you can see that Gurujot Kaur and Daya Singh (dressed in white) are clearly talking only with themselves. For whatever reason, is this indicative of Yogi Bhajan's sect being marginalized from the traditional Sikh community or maybe Bhajanists are sidelining themselves with their un-Sikh like practices of tantric yoga and idol worship?
[image]

I sent a letter to Daya Singh on 12/6/2009 in which I told him that as a member of the Yogi Bhajan community for 30 years, I had serious questions concerning Yogi Bhajan's un Sikh like practices. I told Daya that I wanted his in depth commentary on the book “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” Written by Dr. Trilochan Singh which takes a critical look at Yogi Bhajan and his tantric / Kundalini yoga systems. I was just introduced to “Sikhism and Tantric Yoga” on a recent trip to Amritsar India and the truths revealed were a real eye opener for me, So I asked Daya whether the facts and history of 3-HO and Yogi Bhajan described in the book were correct since he had a great deal of experience with the Yogi Bhajan community since the 1970’s. Daya's response was as follows and I might add was the last contact he ever made with me after my being a part of the Espanola Yogi Bhajan community for 16 years. http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=454

daya@akalsecurity.com

Sent:
Mon 12/07/09 6:18 PM

To:
Guru Sant Singh Khalsa (gurusant@hotmail.com)

thanks.... I wish you well

Daya Singh Khalsa, President
Akal Security, Inc.

“thanks.... I wish you well”

That’s it? Where were Daya Singh's comments when I “attempted to contact” him after returning from India in 2009? It seems Daya is only interested in covering himself and keeping up an image with the press and public. As President of Akal Security, Daya didn’t have time to sit down and seriously discuss with one of those community members the “community founded and guided by Yogi Bhajan for over 30 years”.

Yogi Bhajan's Akal Security Forced Pregnant Women From Their Jobs!

Akal Security which is owned and operated by followers of the late Yogi Bhajan Pays $1.62 Million To Settle EEOC Class Pregnancy Discrimination Claims
Federal Security Contractor Forced Pregnant Women From Their Jobs, Agency Charged

(Yogi Bhajan's) Akal Security, Inc. v. United States, No. 11-562C

In a lawsuit that Yogi Bhajan's Akal Security lost, Court documents reveal that Akal was caught hiding an "ongoing Department of Justice investigation" from the court.
Akal's complaint was dismissed by Judge Susan Braden on Dec. 29, 2011 but here's the interesting part: footnote #5 on p. 7 of the decision

"Akal disclosed 134 threatened, pending, or current litigation matters, including allegations of pay and labor regulation violations. AR Tab 44 at 1488-94. Akal’s disclosure, however, did not mention an ongoing Department of Justice (DOJ) Office of the Inspector General (OIG) investigation that was disclosed by the DOJ prior to the award of the contracts. AR Tab 88 at 8561, 8564-65. http://www.uscfc.uscourts.gov/sites/default/files/BRADEN.AKAL122911.pdf

Daya Singh, President of Yogi Bhajan's Akal Security says in a comment to the article in the New Mexican: "A community founded and guided by Yogi Bhajan for over 30 years sits 20 miles from Mr. Sharpe’s office. Of course, he attempted to contact no one there"

Complete thread: