The Unto Infinity Board: Letter member of Khalsa Council

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Wednesday, April 07, 2010, 09:11 (5126 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Monday, June 13, 2011, 08:59

Please read an Excerpt below taken from

"Sikhism and Tantric Yoga"
by Dr. Trilochan Singh (Link to entire book)

The Name of Golden Temple and its Murals

"In England last year a firm advertised some blue jeans as Jesus Jeans. The whole religious world of England rose in one protest and stopped the manufacture of these jeans. The word Golden Temple has become an instrument of commercial affairs of Yogi Bhajan He has now even named shoe stores as Golden Temple. I was given a "Wha Guru Chew.""

"Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which will inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously."

March 26, 2010

The Unto Infinity Board: Kartar Singh Khalsa, Peraim Kaur Khalsa, Siri Karm Kaur Khalsa, and Sopurkh Kaur Khalsa

I have received and read your March 25, 2010 letter. Below is my response as a Minister of Sikh Dharma, as a member of the Khalsa Council and as a student of the SSS.

First let me first share my own simple message- to paraphrase Kabir- a lie is like someone sitting in the corner eating garlic-sooner or later everybody knows.

From your recent and past communication, it appears to me that you don’t want to be part of an identifiable spiritual community. It appears to me that you want the status, control, the financial benefit, and recognition of leadership but not the responsibility and accountability of actually having to live what you purport to espouse and teach. It is my belief that in the age of truth, however, one cannot expect to inform or uplift anyone with a lie.

Based on what I have read the UI was not created as “overseers”. You were given an opportunity to serve this community as sevadars. And please when you use the words” based on the teachings of the Siri Singh Sahib/Yogi Bhajan”, it is my preference that you use an asterisk or other clarifying phrase to indicate that what you mean is the “teachings that we(UI) believe we can conveniently practice, and forget the rest.”

If I take your statements in this letter at face value:” The members of Unto Infinity oversee the corporate boards,……, based on the teachings of the Siri Singh Sahib/ Yogi Bhajan, you are no longer qualified to “over see” this organization or its resources. The SSS did not teach that dharmic business should be transferred to individuals, he did not teach that when you
get a lot of money, or feel “conveniently evolved” you should abandon your spiritual identity, or yogic principles regarding maintaining one’s hair, the consumption of intoxicants and the consumption of meat. He didn’t teach that when some one asks hard questions you should lie or deliberately hide the facts- so if by your own admission, your ability to “oversee” is based on this fundamental criteria-“the teachings of Siri Singh Sahib/Yogi Bhajan” then in my opinion you are no longer qualified to populate the UI Board.

By the way, I love the “overseer” concept you have put forward and the line “Unto Infinity is not the one who does the work. Our job is to facilitate your work.” When do we break out the mint juleps? I guess all us chilluns ought to be mighty happy that Massa UI is up in the Big House lookin’ out for us.

In my opinion if you are not ready to do the work, then you need to be gone. Retire on your own dime and your own time. The SSS worked with UI (you and I) the same way he worked with everybody. Despite your inflated self-opinion all he provided was the way. If you don’t walk the way you don’t have the teachings or the wisdom contained therein, no matter how many copyrighted videos you control. You folks don’t know any more than any of the other
hundreds if not thousands of intelligent, successful, aware people in this organization that have been faithfully practicing this technology for the last thirty plus years. You didn’t get an autographed special yoga manual or a secret handshake so let that bit of animated fantasy go.

As I understand 3HO-Sikh Dharma we don’t have “individual missions” and “various organizations” we have one mission with multiple delivery points. The seed and the tree are one even though there are many branches bearing much fruit. Without truth and without an identity that reflects and embodies truth then the seed is corrupt, the tree is corrupt and the fruit while it might look good will not nourish.

I find it curious that you could not attend the Khalsa Council meetings last year in order to “begin a fresh process to introduce (y)ourselves and (y)our perspectives” before the entire Khalsa Council, but after being sued and basically busted regarding your pattern and practice of conduct inconsistent with the SSS’s teachings and vision, exposing your self-professed abandonment of your role as Ministers and trustees for this dharma you had an “epiphany” and called together a still unnamed group to make this presentation.

(I checked my mailbox, e-mail accounts and phone messages and I didn’t get an invite)

If you are truly sincere then you will resign immediately as members of UI to free up the space for individuals with the qualifications and commitment to fill the position.

If you want to demonstrate true commitment to SSS/YB’s global mission then you will immediately rescind the transfer of Golden Temple to Golden Temple Management and terminate the sale of Golden Temple cereal division.

Your synopsis of your recent meeting says to me that you gathered some folks together, that you admitted that you have abandoned your status as Ministers, you acknowledged that you have abandoned the SSS’s teachings( which of course you are committed to protect and preserve, but not practice) – and since I have not seen any letters calling for your resignation from the people, who attended this meeting, I am free to speculate that the people
there with you acknowledged that as long as the money is flowing, they were O.K. with your conduct and your status as members of UI.

As a child of the 70’s I am all for “joy”, “what feels right”, “creative flow” and” groovy man”. One might be inclined to argue and ask:” After all isn’t this why we came to study yoga, so we could get off on a “natural high”, man. Did we really sign up for some Eastern religion where we have to stand out, wear a turban and a” dress” with some “skinny pants”? Can't can we just “grow” and have some “unique surprises”( read get rid of the crap that we really don’t want to do)”. My answer is you can, but you can’t lead this organization or control its for-profit, non-profit entities, assets and resources.

As for personal transformation and change, if the technology and your prayers have allowed you to evolve into individuals who are no longer qualified to lead this organization, then accept the next logical step in that “evolution” and move on. I am fine with “transformation” and I invite you to transform your selves right on out of here. Leave the resources, the
money, the business and the land and those of us who are still “un-evolved” will handle it from here

While in your opinion or limited view there is "no single look, practice, nor set of rules that can capture that infinite spirit through any defined conformity," our job, as I understand the way it was defined by SSS is not to capture the “infinite spirit” and skip through the fields scattering flowers. Our job is to serve. We were trained that in order to optimize and facilitate that service people need to recognize and find us immediately by sight, not after some all night gestalt session.

Besides we are musical and music has rules of rhythm and laws of harmony. Within that defined musical structure there is infinite space for individual creativity. The same is true with the identity of the Khalsa as we have demonstrated by creating everything from women’s turbans, the evolution of turban styles, to malas, stylized kirpans and embroidered bana. Just like music, as Khalsa we have to play the right notes so people can recognize the
song- how each of us plays that song has infinite possibilities for individual creative expression within the form.

So if you are espousing the old Hippie anthem: “I’m still afraid of rules, man” and you are still conforming to non-conformity- let it go. It’s a new day.

As I read it, your view of discipline is that it is “a means to experience (y)our eternal unfoldment”. That’s nice. Since you said it, I hope you know what it means. In my experience and opinion the discipline we have been trained in provides the wisdom and the endurance to serve when it’s not convenient. As the world changes even more dramatically the training and aligned strength we have developed will allow us to serve effectively under greater and greater adversity.

I too like “blossoms” and I also like reality. In my opinion the flowers of mutual appreciation, love, peace and unity will not bloom on a tree watered by secrecy, misrepresentation and intimidation.

I am intrigued with your statement that:

“Some people have started to create separation by choosing who is accepted and who is not. The core teaching Siri Singh Sahib chose to print on his business card was “If you can’t see God in All, you can’t see God at all.” We feel that our community can be a leader in setting an example for peaceful co-existence, upliftment and service.”

Let’s put to rest this nonsensical argument that “some people” have started to create separation by choosing “who is accepted and who is not”.

What the law suit says is that if you were trusted by the SSS and the community to watch over money or other resources meant for the community and instead you manipulated your trusted status, changed documents, fired Ministers, and took, used, or misappropriated resources meant for the community for your own personal benefit then you need to be removed from your trusted position, undo what you did, and give back what you took.

What I and others Ministers have said is that if SSS appointed you to lead based on your status as a Sikh Dharma Minister, a set of standardized qualifications that were/are consistent with SSS's teachings and the teachings of the Guru’s (And Guru Ram Das sits on the Throne of Kundalini Yoga) and you abandon your status, those qualifying elements, misappropriate assets meant for the community, abandon a large body of the teachings which have to do with diet, hair, intoxicants and maintaining a functional, recognizable, organic spiritual identity, then you are no longer qualified to lead this community, control its policies or manage its entities, businesses and assets.

By saying the above, I have made no statement regarding your status as an accepted and recognized creature of God’s creation. You are simply in my opinion no longer qualified and acceptable as a leader of this community.

As far as seeing God in all, I can see the God in the rattle snake, it doesn’t mean I will underestimate God’s infinite creative wisdom in designing the rattle snake and put my hand out so it can bite me.

In my opinion the foundation of the teachings shared by SSS/YB is the Siri Guru Granth Sahib. The Guru can’t be bought, sold, or intimidated. Every single day it speaks the truth. Every moment of our training, every lecture, every sadhana, every class was/is is designed in my opinion to prepare and align our nervous systems, mind and body to hear, absorb and act in a manner
consistent with its wisdom. The status of the technology of Kundalini yoga and the disciplined life of a Sikh are intertwined. We get up early, read Japji , chant:”Ong Namo Guru Dev Namo”, we do some BOF, stretch pose, meditate on God’s name all so we can be most awake and open to hear the words of the Guru, every day. For some this may be a tough pill to swallow because the discipline required to grow spiritually on this path becomes less about preference (where the ego still has some leverage) and more about duty, sacrifice, service and doing the right thing(where the ego has to be conisistently wrestled down to zero)

In the final analysis it is my view that this sacred technology: Kundalini Yoga, Shabd Guru, White Tantric Yoga, Naad Yoga and the ancillary technologies to which we have been exposed and in which we are trained are not the personal domain or property of any individual or group, they are not just for the folks who “play ball”, or “the inner circle” or any of that nonsense. The full array of technologies are available to the world through all of us. As the initial trustees of that technology we have a duty in my opinion to present this technology with the same integrity and consciousness with which it was presented to us. We were left with instructions, a blueprint and a mandate to develop and maintain the skills, discipline, identity and attributes of the Khalsa in order to safeguard, protect, preserve, and share this sacred information as we transition from the Piscean to the Aquarian Age. Whether we follow these instructions, maintain the skills, discipline, identity and attributes will of course be up to us and will in large measure in my opinion impact our success in fulfilling our mission.

In closing, I think it is both tragic and unfortunate that you, the members of UI continue to leverage the trust of the SSS, use his words, his teachings and members of the community to facilitate your own personal agenda and to justify your own inability to admit to yourselves perhaps, but certainly to the community that you have breached SSS’s trust, manipulated SSS’s words, abandoned SSS’s teachings and betrayed your teacher and a community that
counted on you to deliver.

S.S. Gurujodha Singh Khalsa

See more photos and discussion on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=108156&id=1214270541&l=5a22781e63

“Amid the legal infighting following Yogi Bhajan’s death, critics are offering another portrait of the Sikh leader.”
[image]