Discussions: Unto Infinity board and Sikh Dharma leadership

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Friday, April 16, 2010, 18:26 (5114 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Monday, June 13, 2011, 08:50

Just read in these letters the infighting that is going on in the 3HO Sikh community and decide for yourself if the Tantric yoga Yogi Bhajan taught his students is damaging or not.
Please read an Excerpt below taken from

"Sikhism and Tantric Yoga"
by Dr. Trilochan Singh (Link to entire book)

The Name of Golden Temple and its Murals

"In England last year a firm advertised some blue jeans as Jesus Jeans. The whole religious world of England rose in one protest and stopped the manufacture of these jeans. The word Golden Temple has become an instrument of commercial affairs of Yogi Bhajan He has now even named shoe stores as Golden Temple. I was given a "Wha Guru Chew.""

"Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which will inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously."

Sat Nam, Dear Khalsa Sisters and Brothers -

I was directed and invited specifically by Guru Singh to contribute to this listing of Goals. On November 16, 1973 I was a participant in a conflicted event concerning the Sunshine Brass Bed Factory. The conflict was a conspiracy of 3 (Baba Phil Singh Khalsa, Baba Singh Khalsa and Guruliv Singh Khalsa) to initiate a coup de tat to remove Guru Singh Khalsa from the general manager position of the business.

If we trace it back, this scenario was as perfect a mirror image as one could ever find, of today's conflict with the current Unto Infinity / SDS scandal. There were six of us in that Friday afternoon attempted coup, including Sat Purkha Singh Khalsa and myself. All of us had participated just a few weeks earlier in the first Sikh Dharma Amrit Ceremony at the Sikh Study Circle in Los Angeles (see photo attached). The Siri Singh Sahib and Bibiji were both at that Amrit Ceremony, conducted by Sant Mian Singh and his Jatha. (A few days later, a larger ceremony was held at a ranch near Malibu that included women, after the modesty issues related to our short kurtas and kucheras had been worked out - see photo). This was early October 1973.

So just a few weeks later, with this brouhaha at the brass bed factory, the Western Khalsa were already embroiled in a serious ethical breakdown. The next morning, the Siri Singh Sahib came to the doorway between his kitchen and our Sadhana in Guru Ram Das Ashram (Preuss Road), and pointed specifically at Guru Singh, Baba Singh, Baba Phil, and Guruliv Singh and ordered them into his living room. Both Sat Purkha Singh and I had "issues" with the management structure, but were both loyal to the organization, and so we had no "standing" as plaintiffs or defendants over the issue of Guru Singh's leadership. We were neutral, loyal observers and not included in the 14 hour marathon conference that followed throughout that long Saturday.

Later, the Siri Singh Sahib shared his sense of complete shock at this betrayal of confidence and group loyalty, and at some point he instructed Shakti ji to call EVERYONE, every regional director, senior teacher throughout Canada and the U.S, to come to Los Angeles immediately, for meetings to resolve this crisis. Many of you were arriving all day Sunday, from Gurdwara time onward, and the next evening at our weekly Sunday evening Kirtan, the Siri Singh Sahib directed everyone he had summoned to begin meeting daily, from the end of Sadhana until late evening, to explore, understand and create a solution.

On the following Sunday, which was November 25, 1973, the Los Angeles Sat Sangat and all of our guests for the meetings gathered again for the weekly, 3HO kirtan, and the Siri Singh Sahib announced that THE KHALSA COUNCIL HAD BEEN FORMED. Born through conflict in order to create structures and processes of governance so such conflicts would never again plague us, we have now come full circle and are engaged in the fight of our adult and elderhood lives as THE KHALSA.

This story is important because such conflicts were bred into our genetic structure as a Khalsa Body. For 35 years Siri Singh Sahib ji, under the aura of Guru Ram Das and Guru Gobind Singh, was the invincible protector and guarantor of stability and ethical integrity on our behalf. If you look at the picture from we we all started as Khalsa, we looked a lot like baby birds, holding the Guru's Prashad. Baby Eagles must now be the mature Eagles in this conflict aimed at the heart of our Dharma. There are forces again today who are doing everything possible to destroy the Dharmic Legacy and Heritage that all of Siri Singh Sahib Ji's mission was dedicated to implant and install for the Aquarian Age. Part of coming of age is the painful reframing of all our motives and inspirations that carried us through as children.

Another great identity crisis, is when we move from the mature, parenting householder stage into Elderhood, and once again. ALL OF OUR FOUNDATIONAL EXPERIENCES AND INTENTIONS MUST BE RE-EXAMINED, AND RE-SYNTHESIZED INTO REAL LEADERSHIP, GLOBAL LEADERSHIP. We cannot leave this planet successfully without successfully accomplishing this primordial task our teacher left for us. In the Art of War, when a crucial battle was about to be fought, all warriors were ordered to smash their rice bowls as a way of saying, "We will not eat again until we have won this battle." And for us as the Khalsa, whenever we hear the cry "Bolay Sonee Haal!" we call out in response "Sat Siri Akaal!" And this means that the battle is now being engaged, "AND FROM HERE FORWARD THERE IS NO TURNING BACK!" And this is where we are today. Bolay Sonee Haal!

I was asked to join the Khalsa Council several years ago, after I "retired" from Golden Temple in Eugene. My so-called retirement was actually a tactical move to avoid being fired in 2005. By Guru's Grace and Blessing I was becoming eligible to take early social security retirement in September, and so I did this to avoid being fired, and to have the freedom of speech not being bound by the usual UI severance agreements and gagging agreements. And so I have been a whistle blower locally ever since, living on a Yogi's pittance of $750 as a wealthy Khalsa, rich in hundreds of community relationships and Seva projects in the local community. But with this form of "wealth" I could not accept financially the invitation to join you on the Khalsa Council. Guru is expanding my financial destiny in his own pace and timing, and so my financial reality is in no way to be confused with poverty.

It is my hope and prayer to see you all at the meetings next week.

KHALSA MERA ROOP --
Singh Sahib Krishna Singh Khalsa

[image]

See more photos and discussion on facebook at:
http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=108156&id=1214270541&l=5a22781e63

“Amid the legal infighting following Yogi Bhajan’s death, critics are offering another portrait of the Sikh leader.”
[image]