Did Yogi Bhajan believe "Lord Shiva to be the God of this earth"?

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Saturday, May 12, 2012, 23:47 (4337 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Sunday, May 13, 2012, 00:18

SikhNet has published an old lecture of Yogi Bhajan's from May 1971 in which Yogi Bhajan says, "I am a worshiper of the woman, Bhagwati. Lord Shiva is known to be the God of this earth......."

Does Yogi Bhajan really worship "Bhagwati" and believe "Lord Shiva to be the God of this earth"? I wonder because I have seen other quotations from Yogi Bhajan like this one when he was Face to face with Swami Bhaktivedanta, founder of ISKCON, Yogi Bhajan agreed that Krishna was an incarnation of God in direct contravention of Guru Nanak Sahib’s teaching in Mool Mantra – Ajoonee – Akaal Purakh does not take birth. Find the relevant paragraphs below between Yogi Bhajan and Swami Bhaktivedanta (ISKON/Hare Krishnas) in 1975, http://www.srilaprabhupad.com/dloads/2010/release23/conversations.htm.

Prabhupada: Now, what is Krishna? How Krishna is accepted? Is He accepted as the Supreme Lord?
Yogi Bhajan: Krishna is accepted as incarnation of God.
Prabhupada: Well, incarnation of God and God, there is no difference.
Yogi Bhajan: That's it. Also there is a fundamental message in that, that as God created everyone, God created all of us, and in Sikh dharma God, whatever we want to call it, ultimate reality, beyond sunya-samadha, the truth, and Lord Krishna in His incarnation taught, Lord Rama taught. And what our problem at this time at the humanity is: the humanity is divided in many forms. And it is the inner hatred which people want to expel (spell?) out.
Prabhupada: Therefore I say that every, at least, religious sect... I don't say others, nonreligious or agnostic. There are Christian, Mohammedan, Hindu, Sikhs, or any religious system, they have accepted that there is God, Supreme Truth.
Yogi Bhajan: No, there is one fundamental thing which this movement may not know. In Dasan Grantha, Guru Govind Singh wrote down Krishna avatara.
Prabhupada: Avatara...
Yogi Bhajan: Krishna avatara is in his own poetry. It is about Lord Krishna. If somebody of these people who know Sanskrit and who know guru-mukhi can translate that part...
Prabhupada: No, translate or not translate, we have already accept Krishna God. So if Guru Nanak has described Him as God, that's all right. Then if Krishna is God, accepted by Guru Nanak, and Krishna is God, accepted by us, why not put this God, one God?
Yogi Bhajan: Yeah. One God is all right. That everybody will agree. But everybody...

Find the full transcript below between Yogi Bhajan and Swami Bhaktivedanta (ISKON/Hare Krishnas) in 1975, http://www.srilaprabhupad.com/dloads/2010/release23/conversations.htm.

Yogi Bhajan: How are you?

Prabhupada: Not very well.

Yogi Bhajan: You have carried a big load. What is... Will you be in a position to come to the conference?

Prabhupada: I don't think so. Which conference?

Yogi Bhajan: This Unity of Man Conference.

Prabhupada: Where it is?

Yogi Bhajan: New Mexico. There are about, we have confirmed sixteen teachers coming from, various people from India. We have confirmation of people coming all around the world.

Prabhupada: So they have not invited me, I don't think.

Yogi Bhajan: The invitation must have gone.

Prabhupada: Hmm?

Yogi Bhajan: We invited everybody.

Prabhupada: Ah, but I have not received an invitation.

Yogi Bhajan: Oh, it may be on the way.

Prabhupada: Mexico City?

Yogi Bhajan: New Mexico.

Paramahamsa: That's in America. It's one of the states in America, right next to Texas.

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah. Santa Fe. We have decided that this is the time for everybody to get together and get their scene together and merge together.

Prabhupada: They will never. (laughs) You may call all conferences, hundreds and thousands, but they will never, because there is no common platform. Godless.

Yogi Bhajan: That is what we are trying to provide.

Prabhupada: But you are trying, that's nice, but it will be never successful. You can write it down.

Yogi Bhajan: Well, perhaps it is very simple. Somebody has to break the ice.

Prabhupada: Hmm?

Yogi Bhajan: Somebody has to break the ice. Somebody, it doesn't matter who. Somebody has to go out and say, "You are welcome. Come in." And it has shown response. Even the prime minister has agreed to it. First she was not agreeing. And she is coming in Mexico.

Prabhupada: Indira Gandhi?

Yogi Bhajan: Um hm. She will be there on the 17th and 18th. So we are carrying that spirit.

Prabhupada: The thing is everyone is trying to be united. That United Nation is for the last twenty years. They started in 1947, United Nations? Eh?

Paramahamsa: Yeah, '47.

Prabhupada: And it is seventy...

Paramahamsa: Almost thirty years.

Prabhupada: Thirty years. What they have done? All the best men of the whole world, they are there, but no united, simply disunited. Common platform, they are not agreeable. They do not accept God.

Yogi Bhajan: Um hm.

Prabhupada: That is the difficulty, no central point. You have got your own philosophy. I have got my own philosophy. He has got his own philosophy. Now, how we will agree?

Yogi Bhajan: No, I may not agree with your philosophy, and you may not agree with my philosophy, but one thing we both have agreed that you are you, and I am I, and both can have respect and love for each other. And there has to be a place where everybody should be given that opportunity.

Prabhupada: That is going on. When I meet you I say, "Yes sir." You say, "Yes sir." That is all right. That is social etiquette. But real unity is on the platform of spirit soul. Panditah sama-darshinah [Bg. 5.18]. Pandita, he is sama-darshina. So panditah means

vidya-vinaya-sampanne
brahmane gavi hastini
shuni caiva shva-pake ca
panditah sama-darshinah
[Bg. 5.18]

"A very learned brahmana and a dog and an elephant, a cow, a candala—all of them, to a pandita, really learned person, sama-darshinah." You see? So now how a learned scholar brahmana and a dog can be seen on equal level? But it can be seen. Panditah sama-darshinah [Bg. 5.18]. It is on the spiritual platform, that every one of us is spirit soul. We are, by different karma, we are covered with different material dress. A dog is also a soul, and a learned brahmana is also a soul. But he is covered with different body, and he is covered with different body. So one who does not see the body, he can see on the same level. But one who sees the body, he cannot see. This is the basic principle of equality. I am seeing you are Sikh, you are seeing I am Hindu, he is seeing he is Christian, he is Mohammedan, and so on, so on. And nobody is seeing that nobody is brahmana. Nobody is seeing nobody is Hindu, nobody is Christian—he is pure soul. So that vision, unless one attains, how there can be equality? There is no possibility.

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, that's agreed. But...

Prabhupada: So that requires education. Brahma-bhutah prasannatma na shocati na ka... samah sarveshu bhuteshu [Bg. 18.54]. When one is Brahman realized, then he can see equally. But that requires education, how to become brahma-bhutah. But everyone is sharira-bhutah. Everyone is thinking, "I am this body." So how it can be possible? So we may attempt, but it is not possible.

Yogi Bhajan: There are a lot of misunderstanding and misconceptions given against each other.

Prabhupada: No, no. Misconception... Just like you have got a body; I have got a body. If I say, "No, I don't like you "... If I say, "I don't like you"... Naturally, when we see superficially, then this tendency will go on. When you see inside, introspectively, then there will be equality. That requires education. So...

Yogi Bhajan: All right, come and educate.

Prabhupada: (Chuckling) But that education is there, the beginning, in the Bhagavad-gita.

Yogi Bhajan: No, you are shy.

Prabhupada: Bhagavad-gita and the education is there, that, immediately Krishna says, dehino 'smin yatha dehe kaumaram yauvanam jara, tatha dehantara-praptih [Bg. 2.13]. Asmin dehe, there is the soul. This is the beginning of education. But there are many learned scholars; they do not believe in the soul. That is the difficulty. They do not believe. A big, big professor.... I have been in Moscow. Professor Kotovsky, he said, "No, there is no soul. After this finishing of the body, everything is finished."

Yogi Bhajan: But they don't have experience.

Prabhupada: Therefore... So if you assemble some not experienced men, then how there will be unity?

Yogi Bhajan: No, granted. What we are trying to do is we are giving out a call to all learned, the unlearned... But basic fact is: there is a desire somewhere in the ether that everybody wants to feel each other. And they have not done anything good by negating each other or talking negatively. They have not gained anything. They have realized it now. Otherwise...

Prabhupada: Now, what will be the basic principle of unity? That is the point.

Yogi Bhajan: The point of basic unity is respect for each other.

Prabhupada: But that is going on. Suppose you have come here. I welcome you. If I go to your place, you welcome me. That respect is going on.

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, that's right. That is between two individuals.

Prabhupada: Similarly, whenever we come in a big assembly, we respect each one, gentlemen. There is no harm.

Yogi Bhajan: No, no, but people do not understand why we are like this, why they wear like this. They don't get a chance to explain. At Interreligious Council, I am a member. They never knew. They think we are the most weird people from the Mars perhaps. They don't understand a bit. And now our legal services are helping them, and all sorts of things have happened, and they are trying to understand. And when the last president left the office, he said, in his words of departure, he said, "I am only limited by the Christ. I never understood anything else. But I do feel from that limit that God is unlimited and it is in everybody." Asking a fanatic Christian to make that statement to the general assembly, it took us about two years.

Prabhupada: Hm. You find so many fanatics. How you will unite them?

Yogi Bhajan: Gradually, one by one, one by one, they will understand. Love is the winning point. That's why they don't understand. When they find love from you, they will find love from me, they will love from people, they will love from everybody else. You know, you can take a mango stick and beat somebody, but you can take mango off it and eat. Effort has to be made somehow. And now...

Prabhupada: Effort is being made, but the platform, the world where you are staying, that effort is very difficult to fulfill.

Yogi Bhajan: That is agreed. That's typical, difficulty is agreed. I go to India; I find the difficulty. I am here; I find the difficulty. But there are genuine people in the spiritual work...

Prabhupada: But one thing is, just like you said some Christian priests?

Yogi Bhajan: Yes.

Prabhupada: That "I realize that one, God is one." So if God is one and every one of us after God, then why there is disagreement?

Yogi Bhajan: Well, those... Everybody has limited egos, so we understand that.

Prabhupada: No, we should... The conference should be made that if there is God and God is one, then who is that God? What is His characteristic? That should be discussed.

Yogi Bhajan: Well, that's what I say. But what we are trying to do is spend all, what we have righteously earned, provide that platform, and invite somebody. My personal feeling is even if somebody comes and tell us there that we are the worst being on the world, but by coming and opening himself up, herself, he at least acknowledges that there is a mutual existence. At this time I have walked away to every corner, here and there, everywhere. Some people are not aware totally. I was asked one day a question, "Why these Hare Krishna people dance in the streets?"

Prabhupada: Ecstasy.

Yogi Bhajan: I said, "Why not?" I asked the question. I said, "Why not? What is wrong with them? What do you feel?" "But that's not in America. You know, we don't go and dance everywhere." I said, "You go in ballroom dances and you dance all the time. You drink and you dance, and you do what you want to do. And they just, in their own life, feel that they enjoy dancing right for God and the world. You dance for your own social contact. They dance for their own divine contact. What is wrong with them? Their leader, their prophet, their spiritual guide danced to God, and they dance to God. Why you think, why you go to the church?" "We go to pray." I said, "That's their prayer. Why don't you understand the prayer aspect of it? Why you want to understand how they dress, how they like, how they dislike each other?" And the second question somebody asked me, "But do you think somebody has the right to convert our children?" I said, "But do you think somebody has not the right..."

Prabhupada: I never asked them to be converted.

Yogi Bhajan: Well, I understand that. My situation is sometimes people ask you a question about me. They think I am another religion, they can ask question of me.

Prabhupada: ...Dr. Judah has written. Where is that book? That Dr. Judah's book?

Ambarisha: We took it to court, and I think (indistinct name)) has it.

Prabhupada: One professor, Dr., what is his name?

Paramahamsa: Stillson.

Prabhupada: Stillson Judah, he has... Many others also written books about us, but his book is very scholarly. He has written the same thing that... What is that dedication?

Srutakirti: "To the devotees who have found fulfillment in Krishna consciousness and to their parents who have raised them."

Ambarisha: "So they will understand."

Prabhupada: Ah, "the parents who will understand them." My students, mostly they are young, mostly within thirty, some of them little above thirty. So some of their parents they come and congratulate me, "Swamiji, it is our great fortune that you have come to our country." That I receive many. But there are other many parents, they are not happy.

Yogi Bhajan: We are starting a parent organization for our kids. We invite the mothers, parents, ask them to stay, and send them back. Idea is basic, and the fundamental idea is: what you are doing is God's will, these people who are following you is God's will, and those who will receive it as God's will... But it is not that everybody sees that God will.

Prabhupada: No. God's will is open. Krishna says, man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad-yaji mam namaskuru [Bg. 18.65]. God says that "You always think of Me. You just become My devotee, worship Me, and offer your respect to Me." This is God's will. "And if you do this, then you are coming back to Me." It is clearly said. God's will is declared. There is no secret. Man-mana bhava mad-bhakto mad... Find out this ninth verse, er, Ninth Chapter. Yes. Read it.

Bali-mardana: Sanskrit?

man-mana bhava mad-bhakto
mad-yaji mam namaskuru
mam evaishyasi yuktvaivam
atmanam mat-parayanah
[Bg. 9.34]

"Engage your mind always in thinking of Me, offer obeisances and worship Me. Being completely absorbed in Me, surely you will come to Me."

Prabhupada: That's all. This is God's will. It is not secret. It is open. But the thing is that everyone has got his different God.

Yogi Bhajan: Well, question is very fundamental. Everybody has his own God, so let everybody bring one's own God in understanding. It's not... God is...

Prabhupada: God... you have got own God. God says, "Always think of Me."

Yogi Bhajan: Um hm. That's true.

Prabhupada: So that's all right. The followers may think of Him. Man-mana. "You become My devotee, become My devotee and worship Me and offer respect to Me," that's all. So we are teaching our student, "Here is God, Krishna. You chant Hare Krishna, always think of Him. You just offer your respect and worship Him. In this way become His devotee." We do not... Spiritually, thing is (?) (indistinct) That's all right. And they are doing that and they are getting the result. We do not say that "Sit down, press your nose, and meditate and this, that," or, no. Simple thing. There is God, we have got our temple... (Aside:) Don't make now this sort of thing.... Simple thing. We have got our temple. We say that "Chant Hare Krishna. Here is God. And think of Him." As soon as you chant "Hare Krishna, Hare Krishna, Krishna..." Everyone has got the beads. That means you are thinking of Krishna, man-mana. And then we are offering respect, go to the temple and offer our obeisance, very simple thing. So we accept Krishna as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. So if you don't accept, then you must have your own God. Do that. But the followers of Vedic principle, they will accept Krishna the Supreme Lord. Krishnas tu bhagavan svayam [SB 1.3.28]. I think somebody was telling me that Guru Nanak also accepted Krishna as the supreme father. Is it a fact? I do not know.

Yogi Bhajan: No, we have in Siri Guru Grantha lot of things about Lord Rama, about Lord Krishna, about...

Prabhupada: Now, what is Krishna? How Krishna is accepted? Is He accepted as the Supreme Lord?

Yogi Bhajan: Krishna is accepted as incarnation of God.

Prabhupada: Well, incarnation of God and God, there is no difference.

Yogi Bhajan: That's it. Also there is a fundamental message in that, that as God created everyone, God created all of us, and in Sikh dharma God, whatever we want to call it, ultimate reality, beyond sunya-samadha, the truth, and Lord Krishna in His incarnation taught, Lord Rama taught. And what our problem at this time at the humanity is: the humanity is divided in many forms. And it is the inner hatred which people want to expel (spell?) out.

Prabhupada: Therefore I say that every, at least, religious sect... I don't say others, nonreligious or agnostic. There are Christian, Mohammedan, Hindu, Sikhs, or any religious system, they have accepted that there is God, Supreme Truth.

Yogi Bhajan: No, there is one fundamental thing which this movement may not know. In Dasan Grantha, Guru Govind Singh wrote down Krishna avatara.

Prabhupada: Avatara...

Yogi Bhajan: Krishna avatara is in his own poetry. It is about Lord Krishna. If somebody of these people who know Sanskrit and who know guru-mukhi can translate that part...

Prabhupada: No, translate or not translate, we have already accept Krishna God. So if Guru Nanak has described Him as God, that's all right. Then if Krishna is God, accepted by Guru Nanak, and Krishna is God, accepted by us, why not put this God, one God?

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah. One God is all right. That everybody will agree. But everybody...

Prabhupada: That one God, Krishna says, "I am the same, I am the one God, that Supreme Lord." Mattah parataram nanyat. Where is...? Find out this verse. Mattah parataram nanyat kincid asti dhananjaya [Bg. 7.7].

Devotee: Chapter Seven, text seven. You'd like it read?

mattah parataram nanyat
kincid asti dhananjaya
mayi sarvam idam protam
sutre mani-gana iva
[Bg. 7.7]

"O conquerer of wealth, Arjuna, there is no Truth superior to Me. Everything rests upon Me, as pearls are strung on a thread."

Prabhupada: And so all the acaryas of India, including Guru Nanak, Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, Vishnu Svami, Sankaracarya, Guru Nanak, they have accepted God Krishna. So why not present this God all over the world?

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, but question is very simple. Present it among the other Gods. Time has come of a mutual presentation.

Prabhupada: No, mutual presentation, simply talking will not do. Suppose we are presenting from India. If we accept Krishna... We have accepted, as you say. As so far other acaryas, namely, Sankaracarya, Ramanujacarya, Madhvacarya, the Vishnu Svami, and then, Nimbarka, Lord Caitanya, and Guru Nanak-practically the whole India, they have accepted Krishna the Supreme Lord.

Prabhupada: Now, in India, I think, people ask me the "How many they are Krishna conscious?" "Everyone in India." At least in India everyone is Krishna conscious. So the majority of people... And why majority? The whole India. Even there are many Mohammedans who also worship Krishna. So if Krishna is God, we, in this conference, why not present, "Here is God, whose name is Krishna."

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, but understand one thing. In layer, that Ka-rish-na, when the kar comes to sunya, at that consciousness if a person does not release to himself, he is not...

Prabhupada: What is that, sunya?

Yogi Bhajan: Sunya.

Prabhupada: Sunya? Mean zero? God is zero?

Yogi Bhajan: No, it is not zero, it is where the kar, the action, stops.

Prabhupada: Yes.

Yogi Bhajan: That is the Godhead.

Prabhupada: Yes, that is reaction...

Yogi Bhajan: But everybody here in this world, four billion people, everybody does not have that experience...

Prabhupada: No, no, I mean to say that every religious sect believes in God.

Prabhupada: If we present, "Here is God. You are seeking after God. Here is God," now what they will say?

Yogi Bhajan: Well, some will say, "Yes, it is." Some will say, "No."

Prabhupada: Accha. So if he says no, "Why do you say no? Then what is your conception of God?"

Yogi Bhajan: Well, that is what we want to understand basically. That's what we are talking about, one thing. Your realization about God is a very universal realization. Somebody on this human level is very limited. After all, the limited and the unlimited have to be brought together.

Prabhupada: No. Limited cannot understand God. Limited is limited.

Prabhupada: Mahatma means unlimited.

Prabhupada: Maha. Maha means very great. So unless one has very big understanding, he cannot understand God. God is unlimited. So you have (to) come to that platform to understand. Those who are limited, they cannot understand God. That is not possible. Manushyanam sahasreshu kashcid yatati siddhaye, yatatam api siddhanam [Bg. 7.3]. Siddha. Siddha means one who has become unlimited, Brahman, aham brahmasmi, Brahman realization. So Krishna says, manushyanam sahasreshu: "Out of many millions of person," kashcid yatati siddhaye, "somebody is trying to become unlimited." And yatatam api siddhanam: [Bg. 7.3] "Those who have become unlimited, out of millions of them, one can understand Me, Krishna." So Krishna understanding, God understanding.... When I say Krishna, God. God understanding is for the perfect unlimited, not for common man. Common man should accept the acaryas. They must follow. Acaryopasanam. Just like in India the Sikhs, they follow Guru Nanak. So Guru Nanak says, "Yes, Krishna, incarnation of God." So they should accept, that's all. Not that every Sikh is expected to be unlimited as Guru Nanak. That is not expected. But they should follow Guru Nanak. Then they will understand. Guru Nanak says, "Krishna is incarnation of God." The all the Sikhs should accept, "Yes, Krishna is..." Then it is all right. It is not expected that every Sikh will understand Krishna. Mahajano yena gatah sa panthah [Cc. Madhya 17.186]. The mahajana, the acarya, what path they have shown, that will show. All the acaryas, they have accepted Krishna. And Arjuna, who directly listened Bhagavad-gita from Krishna, he accepted, param brahma param dhama pavitram paramam bhavan [Bg. 10.12]. So in this we have to follow. Otherwise it is not possible. What they will understand? They must follow the acarya. If Guru Nanak says "I accept Lord Krishna as God,".... God's incarnation and God—there is no difference. Then why the Sikhs should not accept Krishna as God?

Yogi Bhajan: That doesn't solve the problem of the world.

Prabhupada: No, first of all, if we know, "Here is God," then it will solve the problem. But if we do not accept... If I... I can hear from you, provided I know that you are some big man. Otherwise how shall I agree to hear from you? The obedience must be there. A student, a small child, hears the teacher because he knows that "My teacher is very great."

Yogi Bhajan: No, we may try to become limited or unlimited. Question is very simple. There are four billion people on this earth and...

Prabhupada: And therefore they are not expected to understand, four billion. They should follow the leader. It is not expected that...

Yogi Bhajan: That is what we are trying to do. We are going to get the leaders together.

Prabhupada: That leaders... the leaders are already there. Now, suppose Guru Nanak says "Krishna is God," so will the Sikhs follow Guru Nanak or their own whims?

Yogi Bhajan: No, no, Sikh will follow the instructions...

Prabhupada: Of Guru Nanak.

Yogi Bhajan: ...Guru Nanak.

Prabhupada: The Guru Nanak says Krishna is God.

Yogi Bhajan: That's very true. Krishna is God.

Prabhupada: Then why don't you follow Krishna's instruction?

Yogi Bhajan: We are not disobeying any instruction towards God.

Prabhupada: No, Krishna, Krishna's... What Krishna says, that is written in the Bhagavad-gita. Why don't you take it, Bhagavad-gita, that instruction? What is wrong there? Every problem is solved there. Now, so far economic... Now the question is economic. So Krishna says, annad bhavanti bhutani [Bg. 3.14]. So where is the objection? Produce food grain, and both animal and man will be happy. So who will disagree with this point? Follow this. Annad bhavanti bhutani. Krishna says first. This is economic. Social—Krishna says, catur-varnyam maya srshtam guna-karma-vibhagashah [Bg. 4.13]. The human society should be divided into four classes according to quality and work. So four classes there are. First class, intelligent class; the second class, the administrators; the third class, the mercantile; and the fourth class, who are not within these three class. That is going on. Now make it systematic. The first-class man... Who is a first-class man? Then... Find out. Satya shamo damah titiksha arjavah, jnanam vijnanam astikyam brahma-karma svabhava-jam [Bg. 18.42]. Train first-class men. He must be truthful. He must be self-controlled, controlling the mind, controlling the senses. He must have full knowledge of the whole world, jnanam vijnanam, practical application. So where is the question of that "I am Sikh," "I am Hindu," "I am Muslim..."

Yogi Bhajan: No, no, the question is very simple, what the people will ask you. The caste system, what did to India...

Prabhupada: This is not caste system.

Yogi Bhajan: It turned into.

Prabhupada: This is classification of the human being. This is not caste system. Just like we are making this American boy a brahmana. So this is a brahmana caste?

Yogi Bhajan: No, but that is only...

Prabhupada: We have been training them to, how to acquire the brahmana qualification. It doesn't matter whether he is coming from Christian family or Mohammedan family, this... No. Just like if you train one how to become engineer, it doesn't matter from which family he comes. It doesn't matter. Any family, he can come. He can be trained how to speak truthfulness. Satyam. What is that? So...

Devotee: The verse is...

Prabhupada: Satya shama damah titiksha. You don't find?

Devotee: I thought it was the verse about the qualities of a brahmana.

Prabhupada: Yes, yes, what is that?

Devotee: "Peacefulness, self..."

Prabhupada: No, no, what is the Sanskrit verse?

Devotee: The one I have is text forty-two of Chapter Eighteen, but I don't think that's the one you're quoting from.

Prabhupada: What is the verse? You cannot read?

Devotee: Samo damas tapah...

Prabhupada: Ah, shamo damah, that's it. Read.

Devotee: Samo damas tapah shaucam kshantir arjavam eva ca, jnanam vijnanam astikyam... [Bg. 18.42].

Prabhupada: Brahma-karma svabhava... this is first-class man. Samah. Samah means controlling the sense or controlling the mind. And damah, controlling the sense. Now, if either you may be Hindu, Muslim, Christian... Now, if I say, "Please come here. Learn this thing, how to control the mind, how to control the senses," so who will object to it? So if anyone is trained up, it doesn't matter from which sect, which family he is coming, if he has learned how to control the mind, how control the senses, then he becomes first-class man. So we have got everything already spoken by God. If we accept it, then there is unity. But we don't accept, we manufacture something. That is the difficulty.

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, but let us agree to confer...

Prabhupada: No, no. Your...

Yogi Bhajan: There will be difficulty.

Prabhupada: Our difficulty is that we don't agree. If I say, "Come here. Be educated," and if you don't agree, "No, no. I don't want," then how you can be educated? One must agree what God says. They will say, "I believe. We believe." What is the "I believe, we believe"? If you want to become first-class man, then this is the formula: Control your mind, control your senses, be fully in knowledge. Practically apply knowledge in life. So this is first class. Then the second-class men, you see, what is that? Kshatriya.

Devotee:

shauryam tejo dhrtir dakshyam
yuddhe capy apalayanam
danam ishvara-bhavash ca
kshatram karma svabhava-jam
[Bg. 18.43]

"Heroism..."

Prabhupada: Next class. First class, either you say first class or brahmana. The second class...

Yogi Bhajan: Kshatri.

Prabhupada: Kshatriya, the administrator. They have got(?) shauryam. Then what is the word, shauryam?

Devotee: Heroism.

Prabhupada: Huh?

Devotee: Sauryam...

Prabhupada: Heroism. That is... Just like Maharaja Parikshit. He was going on his tour, and he saw one black man was trying to kill a cow. Immediately he took his sword, "Who are you? You are trying to kill cow in my kingdom?" This is called heroism. Now, where is that hero? And they are becoming president. How he will command? He is not hero. Everyone has right to live. Why they are killing animals? This is heroism. As soon as he saw that a rascal is going to kill a cow, "Why you are doing this?" Immediately he took his sword. Heroism. Then?

Devotee: "Power, determination..."

Prabhupada: Power. He must have power, influence. Why he should beg vote, "Give me vote, give me vote, give me vote," begging? Where is power? If he is begging vote, where is power? Formerly the kings... Just like they used to take sword. "If you don't accept me, then I shall kill you." This is power. Sauryam tejam...

Devotee: Dhrtir, determination.

Prabhupada: Determination, and yuddhe ca apalayanam. Now when there is war, these politician will remain in their room safely. They will not go to the war. And why these people are voted for political post? Formerly the king would first of all stand. To the other side also, the king is there and this side also. The fight is going on. If the king is killed, then the victory is there. Yuddhe ca apalayanam. The formula is there. So these classes of man should be on the administration, not anyone coward, nonsense, and by hook and crook they get some vote and take the political leader... How you will find peace? The fourth class is required. Just like in your body you have got brain, brain is required. Then hand. Whenever there is some attack, consciously, unconsciously, I forward my hand. So the division is already there. If you come to attack me with a knife, I don't push my head. I push my hand. So when there is attack, the brahmanas are not expected to go forward; the kshatriyas. So this is training. Everything is perfectly there. People are not accepting. You don't require conference. You simply accept the standard knowledge. Then everything is there. I am speaking to you because you are leader of the society. So if we take Bhagavad-gita seriously and train people from all over the world —not that Bhagavad-gita is meant for the Hindu or for the Indians—for everyone, then there will be all right. Otherwise difficult...

Yogi Bhajan: No, I definitely agree that you must be successful in that mission now. And you have practically and honestly taught what you believed in. My idea...

Prabhupada: No, no. "I honestly believe." Why don't you honestly believe?

Yogi Bhajan: I believe that you honestly believe...

Prabhupada: But you also try.

Yogi Bhajan: That's what I am saying. This is the time...

Prabhupada: Yes, you accept this Bhagavad-gita as the standard knowledge and preach it.

Yogi Bhajan: I read it, I preach it, I understand it. That's in my concept.

Prabhupada: That is wanted. That is wanted.

Yogi Bhajan: What I am trying to reach is that this concept which you honestly believe as individual must be shared.

Prabhupada: No, no. I, again you take... Why "I honestly believe"? Why you honestly do not believe?

Yogi Bhajan: Well, every honest understanding will believe that.

Yogi Bhajan: There is no individuality in that...

Prabhupada: That is wanted.

Yogi Bhajan: But still there is individuality.

Prabhupada: No individuality. Then suppose you are leader of a group. If you honestly believe, teach them. They will accept it.

Yogi Bhajan: So that is why we are having understanding, why we are to gather today at this point. Because we understand that one particle...

Prabhupada: Yes. So if we accept, if we try to convince the people that "We haven't got to research how to unite the whole world. The things are already there in the Bhagavad-gita. Accept it and follow it, everything will be done."

Yogi Bhajan: Come for a message then.

Prabhupada: Message is already there. I am giving you the message.

Yogi Bhajan: Well, they are coming about lot of people, and they would like to understand and..., what this Krishna movement...

Prabhupada: No. Yad yad acarati shreshthah [Bg. 3.21]. If you carry this message... It is not my message; it is the message of Krishna. I have not manufactured this message. I am imperfect. But I am presenting the perfect message. That is my business. I don't say I am perfect. I am simply carrier, peon. When a peon delivers a money order, thousand dollars, it is not his money. He simply carries. So my business is to carry Krishna's message. That's all.

Yogi Bhajan: It is very kind of you. But if you carry this message to New Mexico, to all those guys, (laughing) it will be a great joy.

Yogi Bhajan: I am also carrying the message of those limited ones who want to share the unlimited ones. And that's what the whole attempt was, to provide a platform where limited, unlimited...

Prabhupada: No.... First of all, just like you are leader, similarly, all the leaders must accept.

Yogi Bhajan: Yes, Swami Dhirendra...

Prabhupada: Then the followers will accept.

Yogi Bhajan: Swami Dhirendra Brahmacary has flown all the way from India to just participate in that. Other people, Acarya...

Prabhupada: Who is, who is that? Swami Dhirendra...?

Bali-mardana: President?

Yogi Bhajan: Prime minister's guru.

Bali-mardana: What is his name?

Yogi Bhajan: Swami Dhirendra Brahmacary. He has flown...

Prabhupada: But prime minister guru, does he believe in Bhagavad-gita?

Yogi Bhajan: Oh, yeah. He knows it by heart, word to word. That's true.

Prabhupada: So why he does not teach his disciple, followers?

Yogi Bhajan: He teaches, he teaches, he teaches. He's a very good man. And there are other acaryas and Sankaracarya Math and other people are coming. We have the list in Los Angeles, about sixty who have accepted to come. Then from the Judeo-Christian thoughtway(?) people are participating. And then...

Prabhupada: No, they will come and they will go away, that's all.

Yogi Bhajan: No, understand...

Prabhupada: There will be... There will be no understanding. I know that. There will be no understanding. You can write it down in your notebook. They will come, and they will say, and they will go away, that's all. I have dealt with all these men very nicely. You see?

Yogi Bhajan: I understand the pain, but still...

Prabhupada: And still you may go on, taking this pain.

Yogi Bhajan: Effort, effort. There is nothing wrong to put that honest effort. Because lot things you can say which I cannot say.

Prabhupada: No, I do not say anything.

Yogi Bhajan: You have seen this.

Prabhupada: Whatever I have said, I am quoting from the Bhagavad-gita. You have seen it. I don't say anything. I never say, "It is my opinion," "I think." No, I never say like that.

Yogi Bhajan: This style, they will look at it and like it. And there will be nobody else who can exactly present this style.

Prabhupada: If you like to go me, I can go there. That's all right.

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, yeah, it must... It is... My basic idea is you in Krishna consciousness can present a style which a Judeo, a rabbi, may not be in a position to do it.

Prabhupada: That is certain. Nobody can present.

Yogi Bhajan: All right. Then that guy, that guy has the love for his conviction. Where mutual convictions can meet and still create a harmony... My honest opinion is that it is the time. World has become small. Krishna consciousness has spread. Message of Guru Nanak has spread. Message of Lord Rama has spread. Message of Jesus has spread. Message of Moses has spread. All right. Now the spread is going to interact. And in that, somebody with this style can come in and can represent right. You will be my personal guest and you will be in a position... We will do whatever personally we can do for that whole situation. But it will be a good idea to talk to all these people, to make them understand, and from when your mouth the person will understand why Hare Krishna person goes on the street and chant... They have got fundamental things to say. They do not know. They have different versions to hear, they have versions to talk.

Prabhupada: No, it is... We are chanting Hare Krishna mantra. That, find out the... Satatam kirtayanto mam [Bg. 9.14].

Yogi Bhajan: Kali-yuga mem kirtana pradhana. Now Sri Guru Grantha says, Guru Nanak writes himself, correct versions are many, but my idea is: it is good to hear from you.

Prabhupada: That is also stated in the Bhagavad-gita.

Yogi Bhajan: I know.

Prabhupada:

satatam kirtayanto mam
yatantash ca drdha-vratah
namasyantash ca mam bhaktya
nitya-yukta upasate
[Bg. 9.14]

This is upasate. Satatam kirtayanto mam.

Yogi Bhajan: I would like you to meet that great Sanatana-dharma representative, who will be coming.

Yogi Bhajan: Sanatana-dharma Pratirini(?) is sending their representative. I forget his name. It is much better he hears from you among the, among the wise.

Prabhupada: What is that verse?

Devotee:

satatam kirtayanto mam
yatantash ca drdha-vratah
namasyantash ca mam bhaktya
nitya-yukta upasate
[Bg. 9.14]

"Always chanting My glories, endeavoring with great determination, bowing down before Me,..."

Prabhupada: We are doing that, Hare Krishna. Krishna says, "Always chanting My glories." And we are doing that—"Hare Krishna." We are not introducing anything new. That is not our business.

Yogi Bhajan: So we will have the privilege to have this ancient one among us for those three days, and be there and present your style and your...

Prabhupada: When, when, when is...

Devotee: When is the date?

Yogi Bhajan: It is twenty...

Girl: 27th, 28th, and 29th.

Srutakirti: Of this month.

Yogi Bhajan: June.

Prabhupada: June.

Srutakirti: That is this month?

Prabhupada: This month, yes.

Yogi Bhajan: This month, June.

Prabhupada: New Mexico.

Srutakirti: It is not very far from Los Angeles if you wanted to go, maybe an hour flight.

Yogi Bhajan: No, hour and a half. We will receive you at Albuquerque. And we would like you to come the day the other Indian gurus are coming because we would like to receive them at the airport and we would like to have state banquet arranged for every visitors. And our basic idea is to bring understanding among all men of God. And...

Prabhupada: Hm. It is a good idea.

Yogi Bhajan: And in spite of the fact nothing may happen...

Prabhupada: Oh, yes.

Yogi Bhajan: Something will happen.

Prabhupada: Oh, yes.

Yogi Bhajan: At least, people will know you, people will have met you, people who have never met you, that way. So whosoever come will come with God will, and whosoever will do something will do something with God will. And we will enjoy the experience to be the host, and that I think is our karma. We must pay that.

Prabhupada: No, the thing is that is if we want to do something substantial, we must come on a common platform. That common platform is already there. Every line of Bhagavad-gita is so nice...

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, but sir...

Prabhupada: Nobody can argue on it.

Yogi Bhajan: You have to provide the opportunity for those who will not have the chance to meet you to meet you. Those who have no opportunity to listen to you to listen to you. Those who have not seen you to see you. And I think that has its value. I never... I would never have gone to meet Sant Kirpal Singh. He came. And there the idea of this Unity of Man Conference was framed. And I left all the way to India, and I asked him one thing which I loved in him. He said, "Well, I am going to die next year. You take over," and I said, "Forget it, that's not my job. I'm not going to take over anything from anybody. I have to do what I have to do." Then he said, "Well, this is the idea. Would you try to be second with me in this time?" I said, "All right, I'll do that." And in the end I almost was convinced that he is a great man. And he asked me, he said, "You don't believe in anybody except God. Human forms are very... I understand you, I know you," because he knows me from very childhood. But I asked him one thing. I said, "I have never seen a saint on whom saints believe. They all have their own territories and whole thing." You know.

Prabhupada: Nasau munir yasya matam na bhinnam: "He is not a muni if he does not disagree with another muni."

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, that's right. (laughter) So what I told him was that "It is a good idea." So we are carrying that good idea now, and Muni Sushila Kumar is coming from India, then Swami Chittananda is leading that tour. And they have sent a list of sixteen other religious people who are coming. They are going to U.N.O., where the peace presentation this year is happening. I think we should participate in that. Then there is a vegetarian congress. There the participation is happening. And all this has been done just to lay the platform and honor the idea of that man Kirpal Singh Sant. Just he wanted that way. So we thought it is a better idea to be in the West and with the arrangements that everybody can come, participate, talk to each other. I would like you to be in New Mexico in one of the presentable cabin, and not let anybody of these devotee of you be around but to ask other people to come and talk to you, learn from you, share with you, share your wisdom, share your conviction, share your experience...

Prabhupada: That's a good idea, very good.

Yogi Bhajan: And I like all these guys to come and talk to me and when they will listen me talking Gita, perhaps they will understand, "Well, Yogiji knows little bit about what we know about." So when they pronounce certain words, I just sometime correct in between, but I don't tell them anything because they know...

Prabhupada: Where is your headquarter?

Yogi Bhajan: Los Angeles. We are neighbors.

Prabhupada: Oh. Los Angeles.

Yogi Bhajan: We are almost neighbors. We are few blocks from each other.

Prabhupada: Now, when you have started?

Yogi Bhajan: About five years ago. Six years.

Prabhupada: Six years. We started there in the...

Srutakirti: About the same time.

Yogi Bhajan: About you when it came in Illustrated Weekly, I was in India.

Prabhupada: Oh, oh.

Yogi Bhajan: So I am very recent here. But I go to Hare Krishna...

Prabhupada: Where is your address in Los Angeles?

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah. They all come Sunday. They come to our Guru Dvara on every Sunday. People participate. We have our magazine, and this was our anniversary renaisance, which we issued... Rather, I was planning if some of your acarya can come and I can give them a program for Krishna consciousness development and authoritative human aspects of Gita, which I teach in UCLA, they can participate and start courses in that. Because everybody is special in certain areas, and I thought that was a better idea. However...

Prabhupada: These pictures of...?

Yogi Bhajan: This is Golden Temple, Amritsar.

Prabhupada: Amritsar.

Yogi Bhajan: Five years ago we had a one-paper print. We used to give it away for five cents. That developed into a paper. This is how everything develops. And my basic idea is people must share. And why not come there, participate, share, say what you have to say? It is one of the funny coincidence that we both live in Culver City. We live very adjoining to each other. And I go to your temple, see how it is made and how they are doing and what kind of marble they are using. And I have a lot of things to criticize but... You know. They are messing it up, but they are spending a lot of money. (laughter) So I don't mind what they are doing, but it is really a waste, lot of it is waste. I go and watch and it hurts me. But I just go around see, after all. You must have very wise architects.

Prabhupada: They are very expert in wasting. (laughter)

Yogi Bhajan: Yeah, that I have seen. That is totally what annoys me sometime and then I go and "Well, say you have to learn this way. It doesn't matter." Now, the Mexico marble has a flower arranged in it. Everybody has two eyes, and that flower arrange can be arranged, and none of your persons, in spite of my... One day I yelled at them and say, "I am going to pull your out of your this little hair, and what are you doing, waste of time?" They said, "Well, we have to ask some mahatma, some acarya. Someone will tell him the message." I went again next day. They did it exactly what was wrong. But you know, they are kids. They will learn. So I go and poke my nose all the time because I thought if I can tell them, they will do it better. But my basic situation is we are doing...

Prabhupada: The Americans, they have no value for their money.

Yogi Bhajan: No, no, nothing.

Prabhupada: Therefore they can waste very lavishly.

Yogi Bhajan: But they are very beautiful people. One of the girl there in your organization almost brought tears to my eyes. And it is very seldom I have tears, and I love them when they come. And she said to me, she just came and hugged me. "Oh, Yogiji, I love you, you came." I said, "Oh, don't tell anybody. I just want to go around. And I want to run away." So she knows me. And she took me to her one store where there where a lot of books, and she asked me to have some books, and some of them I had, some I didn't. So I picked up. And she said, "You know, we were raised like dogs. Now we are being raised like gods. You think this old man, our god, is going to stay with us?" You know, she is very young in your organization. I said, "What are you talking, a old man?" She said, "Our Prabhupada." Then she took your whole name with reverence. And I looked in her eyes. I said, "Look, my dear daughter, if that man has taught you so much love, then you will never be separated. Keep doing what you are doing. You will be all right." There is devotion. There is a power to learn. There is a power to gain. They have many faults, but they have many merits also. I think it is a time to present them, as they perform of the humanist to the whole world. And that will take away a lot of misunderstandings.

Prabhupada: No, misunderstanding, there are... That will continue. You see?

Yogi Bhajan: I hundred percent agree. When we wanted to join the...

Prabhupada: Especially in the Western countries they had misunderstanding with Christ so that they crucified him. You see? So this is the...

Yogi Bhajan: We can do all that, and still, it will be useful.

Prabhupada: No, no, we can... We can advise.

Yogi Bhajan: Your visit will be useful, and it will be very divine to come with a message, with a conviction. You know, I have come to this conference here.

Prabhupada: Which conference?

Yogi Bhajan: This, what is happening in Waikiki.

Girl: Rainbow Festival.

Yogi Bhajan: That Rainbow Festival.

Prabhupada: Oh, what is that?

Yogi Bhajan: There is a huge... There are about two hundred people all around the mainland and the whole thing.

Girl: Metaphysical conference, psychics.

Yogi Bhajan: Metaphysical, psychics, intuitives, people who can perform things. They are all in God. I was surprised last night that A to Z, everybody talks about God, and none of them understands that the God is right in them. So I was one among them. It did change the whole thing. I honestly believe that it was very good for me to come. If I would have gone to the equals, where if I find some equal, it would not have done any good, you know. They all know what they know. We all know that what we know. But it was amazing that people liked it, people talked, people asked questions, people... Whatever I could share, I shared. But in the evening I was surprised. There were two hundred people, beautiful, seeking some way or the other, and looking for certain things for their life. So my only idea was that I have never worked less than these five, six days. It was very boring for me. There was no work. But I liked it. At least, I could share with them; they could share with me. First they were all doubtful what a yogi is, what a yoga is. I said, "Well, it is... After all, they were not asking me a yogurt. So there is a safety. So people, when people see you they hate you, they find you are different, that you taught something which you taught. They don't like it. They don't want to hear it. And gradually, gradually, gradually, it brings them to understanding. So I, my personal request, and on behalf of all those who are coming, I would like you to visit us if you possibly can and...

Prabhupada: Give some prasada.

Yogi Bhajan: And this is... Because this is time of the world where love has to prevail from the higher and from the lower equal.

Prabhupada: Put it here. (Prasada is distributed; Prabhupada speaks a bit in Hindi)

Yogi Bhajan: All these young people walk into the ashramas, and any time, middle of night, they are always received. That understanding exists anywhere. Nobody has issued them any instructions. But they go with each other very well. Some of our boys who started with us in yoga classes are member of the Hare Krishna movement. Sometime we get on telephone. I say, "At least, you are somewhere. It's all right. Take care of yourself. Keep up." So life is going on as it has to go on.

Prabhupada: Yes, that is nice.

Yogi Bhajan: But there is a lot of mutual love, understanding. And after all, this is a discipline. All can't have this discipline. Those who can have it, they can have it. (Hindi) Understanding is there, pralabha is there, will of God is there. God wants us, we are the pawns of it. But it will be a great joy. So I will ask for your leave. It's my pleasure.

Prabhupada: Oh, thank you very much for your coming. Give him our literature, Back to Godhead.

Yogi Bhajan: (Hindi:) Namaskara. And we will, we will get you, receive you, and it will be our privilege. After all, you are our elder. Don't forget that. Thank you. Hare Krishna.

Prabhupada: Jaya.

Yogi Bhajan: And now these people forget sometimes their Hare Rama, why? (Hindi) (guests are leaving) Thank you very much. (tape continues as guests leave, sound of car driving away, devotees talking in background)

Prabhupada: They are gone?

Paramahamsa: Yes, they just left.

Prabhupada: This is our or their?

Bali-mardana: No, that is... from downstairs.

Paramahamsa: I know one devotee who was a... There was one devotee who was a disciple of him before he came to us. He used to live with Yogi Bhajan about ten years ago in San Francisco. Not ten years ago, about eight, nine years ago in San Francisco. And he said that when he first came, he was a professor from India. But then he associated with the hippies for some time and became a...

Prabhupada: He was Indian?

Paramahamsa: Yeah, he's from India. You mean Yogi Bhajan or the devotee?

Prabhupada: No, the devotee.

Paramahamsa: No, the devotee, I think the devotee is Rameshvara.

Paramahamsa: Rameshvara used to be (laughs) Yogi Bhajan's disciple.

Prabhupada: Oh. Why he left him?

Paramahamsa: (laughs) Because he, I think because he met you. He was his disciple, and then he became a devotee of Krishna consciousness afterwards, by Krishna's grace. But he said Yogi Bhajan was too much associating with women.

Prabhupada: That is...

Paramahamsa: Yes. That was the...

Paramahamsa: Many devotees, they put it in the sun when it becomes dead. Is that all right to tighten the head? (referring to mrdanga)

Prabhupada: (inaudible) Yogi Bhajan... did he come here?

Paramahamsa: At most eight years, seven or eight years.

Prabhupada: So less than we are.

Paramahamsa: Oh, yeah. You were here long before he was here. I think he came... 1968 he came. So you came three years before him. I have seen his ashramas in America. I saw one in Arizona. He has quite a large ashrama there. And I saw some of his smaller ones in New Guinea.(?)

Bali-mardana: I've seen them in Brooklyn, but it was just an apartment. It was not really an ashrama.

Paramahamsa: They have, in Phoenix, Arizona, they have a very nice place, very large building.

Prabhupada: Where?

Paramahamsa: Phoenix, Arizona. It's similar to our Los Angeles branch. I think they tried to make... They have buildings, block buildings nearby, apartments for householders. In many ways they are imitating our movement.

Prabhupada: But there is no Deity?

Bali-mardana: No, they worship the... (end)

Snatam Kaur Khalsa & The Chardi Kalaa Jatha perform Hindu Arti with Swami & Gurmukh Kaur at 11-11-11 kundalini yoga festival in Rishikesh

Snatam Kaur Khalsa openly admits to performing Hindu Arti at the Parmarth Niketan Ashram in Rishikesh in a letter published by Spirit Voyage,
"To finish the ceremony Swami ji invited me to sit behind him. I found myself next to Gurmukh. She leaned over and asked with knowing eyes... “Are you ok?” I said to her “Yes.” But as she turned away and I found my eyes falling on the rushing waters of the Ganga, a voice inside screamed... “No, I am not ok! I am in pain!"
Then Snatam Kaur goes on to describe the Ganges river as a goddess when she says, "The teaching tent for the 11.11.11 course is right next to the Ganga River. It is a very deep experience to take in Her(The Ganges river) loving presence while practicing the sacred science of Kundalini yoga, chanting together, and meditating."

[image]
Find the full photo album of Yogi Bhajan chelas anti Sikh Shiv/Shakti "Mother Ganga" event on Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa's facebook page and on this link:
[image]
This is the view of the idol of Shiva and the Ganges river from where Snatam Kaur and Gurmukh Kaur are performing the Hindu Arti and Puja in the first pic above.

The Chardi Kalaa jatha was also performing at this Arti ceremony in Rishikesh as Santam Kaur goes on to say in her letter,"Swami ji arrived and sang so beautifully.The Chardi Kalaa jatha played some of the most inspirational and soul stirring Kirtan I had every heard."

Sikhs do not perform these Hindu rituals which are strictly forbidden by the Sikh Reht Maryada. http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=344

View these new videos by Yogi Bhajan chela Gurmukh Kaur for more evidence that 3HOers are openly promoting Un Sikh like practices of Hindu fire puja, idol worship and occult astrology! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zWm53xo-xnY&feature=related

EVERY Sikh is representative of the Guru and the Khalsa Panth, especially one who is in the public eye. If they behave in a way that breaches SRM (Sikh Rehit Maryada) the whole Khalsa suffers.

"Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara. tab lag tej dio mai sara.
jab eh gahe bipran ki reet. mai na karo in ki parteet".
"So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength. But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life, then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection". Guru Gobind Singh Ji

Santam Kaur has also made recordings chanting Hindu mantras like Shiva OM which is also against Sikh Reht Maryada.

In this latest article published by SikhNet, SikhNet blatantly supports and promotes Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa and her anti Sikh activities!http://www.sikhnet.com/news/gurmukh-kaur-coming-edmonton
[image]
SikhNet needs to follow the Sikh Reht & stop promoting Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa who is used as a "Poster Yogi" by Parmarth Niketan Ashram. http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=374

Just read this update on Gurmukh Kaur's facebook page. Please note the people who are commenting and her posts. There doesn't appear to be any Sikhs posting or anything about Sikhism but rather Gurmukh gives her chelas false hope in the Vedic "akashic records" and some "magical Aquarian Age" date of 11-11-11. I don't know why Gurmukh doesn't change her name to Shiva Dasi Devi; that would be more in keeping with her practices. http://www.facebook.com/GurmukhKaurKhalsa?sk=wall&filter=1Status

Update
By Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa
We are supposed to be in a period where all your thoughts can move all over the place into realms of what you are going towards in your destiny. After November 4, 2011, whatever you have wished for, envisioned for your destiny, what you want to achieve to fulfill your life, will be set in the akashic records for 29 years.
So take the time now to write down what it is you want to achieve, what is important for your happiness and your destiny, and project into the future for 29 years.
You can edit the list until next week on Friday.

Take the list home and put it into a holy book, or on their altar, under their prayer book, etc, to purify the wishes and visions. Rework them as you see fit.

You don't have to know all the details for your visions and wishes. Just the general concept.
Sat Nam

Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa, Santam Kaur & The Chardi Kalaa jatha are an embarrassment to the Khalsa panth. Gurmukh has been photographed doing Hinduhoma fire pujas and doesn't even wear a Sikh kara. Even in the pic above which SikhNet so blatently publishes shows Gurmukh Kaur doing homage to the sun in Rishikesh on the river Ganga where you can see a Hindu temple in the backgroud of the pic. How can Sikhnet support this anti Sikh woman?
http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?id=307

I pray Gurmukh Kaur will visit the small Gurdwara on the banks of the Ganges at Haridwar, called Gian Gothdri, which marks Guru Nanak's visit there.

When Guru Nanak saw people doing puja to the sun, as is Gurmukh Kaur in this picture, he asked what they were doing. "We are giving water to our thirsty forefathers who live on the sun", they said. So, he also waded into the river and started doing likewise but facing in the opposite direction. Everybody laughed at him and said, "Don't you even know which way the sun is?" He replied, "I've been away from my farm in the Punjab for quite some time and my fields are probably parched, so I thought I should take this opportunity to water them (in the west)". They all laughed some more and said, "Silly fool, Punjab is hundreds of miles away and this water is just falling a foot away right in front of you." Guru Nanak replied, " Oh, but I thought the sun was much further away?" A few probably understood what Guru Nanak was getting at, and stopped doing that futile nonsense, but most, like Gurmukh Kaur, carried on still blissfully ignorant.

"Jab lag Khalsa rahe niara. tab lag tej dio mai sara.
jab eh gahe bipran ki reet. mai na karo in ki parteet".
"So long as Khalsa retains his distinct identity, I will give him my entire radiance and strength. But if he should take on a non-Sikh way of life, then I shall have no confidence in him and withdraw my support and protection". Guru Gobind Singh Ji

EVERY Sikh is representative of the Guru and the Khalsa Panth, especially one who is in the public eye. If they behave in a way that breaches SRM (Sikh Rehit Maryada) the whole Khalsa suffers.
Let us look at Gurmukh Kaur Khalsa's name, the one whom SikhNet & 3HO so blithely dismiss as "a popular Yogini". Her first name is Gurmukh. Forget the nonsensical Yogi Bhajan translation; Gurmukh is a very powerful word from Gurbani, meaning that person whose face is forever turned towards the Guru. And that means Guru Nanak and his successors, not some Hindu Swami the demigod Shiva or the Mother Ganga river. Sometimes in Gurbani, Gurmukh refers to Guru Sahib himself.
How can a Gurmukh be doing Hindu puja?
Second name is Kaur, meaning a princess of the khalsa. The last name is Khalsa. Anyone who calls themselves Khalsa MUST live as a reflection of Guru Gobind Singh ji and his rehit. Otherwise they should call themselves something else.
She can do as much Hindu puja as she likes but she should spare the Khalsa the embarrassment of having to see it plastered all over the internet. It is absolutely against SRM and is very insulting to the Khalsa and indeed to all Sikhs, especially those whose relatives were slaughtered and raped by Hindus in 1984.
I don't know why she doesn't change her name to Shiva Dasi Devi; that would be more in keeping with her practices.

This is a response to a 3HOers comment in the Sikhism discussion group on facebook. Sarib Khalsa says: "Hey, what do you care how someone else wants to live their life? Her life is her life, not yours, you horses ass. And since when are "Singh" and "Kaur" not part of "Hindu" tradition? Where do you think they came from?

Whether you like it or not there is a huge cultural overlap with many aspects of "Hindu" culture and traditions. We used to not be separated or threatened by this. Overlaps existed without negating Sikh ideals or philosophy. British political interests wanted a wide, dark line demarcating the two. They wanted a loyal, neutered, anglicized, even christianized Sikhism, separate from and not aligned with the interests of "Hindus." They mostly got that. There are political interests today that want to interfere in similar ways, they come down from the same intelligence service lineage, those are the guys paying you.

And in case you didn't know, there ARE writings of "Hindu" saints in Guru Granth Sahib. Go bang your head against another wall."

Gursant Singh's reply: What is most shocking to me is your total lack of understanding or even caring about the sensibilities of most Sikhs from Punjab. While it is true that, in India, Sikhs and Hindus live side by side, amicably and peaceably, most Sikhs that I know are all too well aware of how the Central (Hindu) government has treated the Sikhs, especially those in the Punjab, in a terrible fashion ever since Indian independence.

If you need to know more, read the article here.

Two of my favorite Sikh writers teamed up together to write this article:

http://www.sikhnn.com/views/august-15-india%E2%80%99s-shackles-old-and-new?page=2
August 15: India’s Shackles, Old and New

It is becoming more and more obvious that 3HO (whoever that actually is) has consciously or unconsciously decided to position itself as part Sikh and part Hindu. It seems to me that they just flat out don't understand just how this will wound taditional Sikh sentiments as the Punjabis find out that Yogi Bhajan's 3HO ar