"Confessions of an American Sikh" on Amazon Books: Locked up in India, corrupt cops & my escape from a "New Age" tantric yoga cult!

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Friday, December 14, 2012, 04:04 (4144 days ago)
edited by Gursant Singh, Thursday, December 20, 2012, 23:58

"Confessions of an American Sikh" by Gursant Singh now available (Kindle Edition) $4.99 Paperback: $19.95
http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM
[image]

Hear the first chapter of "Confessions of an American Sikh " read by the author on Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Btu3K2b5_go&feature=plcp

For your immediate perusal of "Confessions of an American Sikh" please visit this link: https://www.facebook.com/ConfessionsOfAnAmericanSikh[image]
I hope you will enjoy the book so much that you will want to buy a permanent hard copy for your library and give one of the books to your friends too. You may find "Confessions of an American Sikh" for sale on Amazon at this link: http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM

Arriving in India to get his teeth fixed, Gursant Singh decides he needs a Punjabi wife and becomes embroiled with Dadaji, Amritsar's notorious marriage broker. When their search for the perfect bride gets them both thrown into Amritsar's Central Jail, Gursant has to look deep within himself and question everything he has been taught about the Sikh path - Sikhi.

Gursant's encounters with crooked lawyers, corrupt cops and the enigmatic Indian legal system lead him from the radiant spirituality of Amritsar's Golden Temple, through labyrinthine back streets, chaotic lawyers' offices and the Amritsar Police station to the tranquility of an isolated yoga ashram in the foothills of the Himalayas. On the way, we meet an exotic cast of characters. Some venal and manipulating, others compassionate and generous; all of whom bring to life the contradictions, idiosyncrasies and excitement of 21st Century India.

Gursant chronicles his adventures in a fast-moving, warts-and-all style to give the reader a searingly honest picture of his own spiritual loss of innocence.

It was during my time in the Amritsar Central Jail that I thought of writing this book. As soon as I had Internet access, I began to research what it might take to create a written record of my experiences. In effect, this book was created as it happened and certainly before I knew how it would finish.

My hope was that I could help others to learn from my experiences; not only those in India, but also those within the 3HO spiritual organization to which I devoted thirty years of my life. India can be fun, entertaining and spiritually inspiring; at the same time it can be harsh and unforgiving, especially if you fall foul of the law, as I did.

The spiritual path of the seeker can provide endless inspiration and satisfaction. But, like India, it can bring you face to face with your deepest fears and weaknesses. It is my fervent hope that others will learn from my mistakes and perhaps deepen their own spiritual experience by reading about what I had to go through. Thus this book is the story of my spiritual coming of age; my loss of innocence, if you will.

I wish to offer my deepest gratitude to Akal Purkh, Waheguru, the Creator and Sustainer of the incredible universe in which we live.

Let me also give thanks to Guru Nanak Sahib and his nine illustrious human successors. It is the grace of Guru Nanak that brought me to his teachings and it was his kindness that enabled me to find the true path of Sikhi.

Finally I humbly offer obeisance to Siri Guru Granth Sahib, the word of God and living Guru for all Sikhs.

Gursant Singh

Customer Reviews on Amazon

5.0 out of 5 stars "Best Book about India I have ever read......" December 15, 2012
By Charanjit Singh
"I ordered the hard copy of your book on thursday and I am still waiting for it. I could not resist myself waiting for the hard copy so I downloaded the kindle version to read it thoroughly. I would say that this book is excellent. I have never read a book in Sikhi which is so well written in English language. And It keeps your interest active in your true story. This book is not confined to Sikhs. This book is for anybody who is interested in India, Yoga, 3HO, Sikhs, Uncle Bhajna, Non Resident Indians (NRIs) finding Indian brides through matchmakers in India. It also gives a first hand account of the situations one has to go through if things go wrong in India. This book documented the true situations when an NRI gets entangled into the labyrinth of corrupt Indian Political, Judicial, Police, Immigration systems. How the Indian Political and Police system can suck each and every penny out of you leaving you abandoned. It is a shame. This is how India works. Thats why I left India. I can not be corrupt. I loved this book because it is your true story and not a fiction. This is a real blockbuster book. Some phrases in the book are so humorous that I could not stop myself laughing for hours. I guarantee that this is one of a book that you have to include in your library. I can clearly see many reflections in the author's true story which refreshed my old days in India."