Akal Takhat appoints Yogi Bhajan's son in-law, Satpal Singh as convener of US committee for Sikhs

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 00:09 (3851 days ago)

Akal Takhat appoints Yogi Bhajan's son in-law, Satpal Singh as convener of US committee for Sikhs https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFLyhMUwZw
[image]

I just wrote "Bhai Sahib Satpal Singh Khalsa" the following letter at his fb page. https://www.facebook.com/bhaisahibsatpal.singh.1?fref=ts

All Sikhs should write Satpal Singh as well to encourage him to advise the Akal Takhat to tackle this important issue of Yogi Bhajan's 3HO Americans diluting Sikhi with Hindu practices like idol worship and tantric yoga.

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

Dear Satpal Singh.

I noticed on SikhNet you have been appointed to be the convener of the new US committee for the Akal Takhat. I would like to know if you are serious about discussing the many problems in 3HO concerning their un Sikh like practices. If you haven't noticed, my videos on this subject have received support from thousands of concerned Gursikhs around the world. Let's work together to resolve these differences. Will you help mediate this situation for the good of the Khalsa Panth?

Gurfateh Gursant Singh.
Here is an example of one video I made which has received about 13,000 views, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JKLNcRqWnKU&list=TL2rcdExaRRuU

The video shows among other things, the death spot (grave) of Yogi Bhajan where
3HOers are bowing. This un Sikh like practice is done not more than 500 yards from SikhNet ! Please write these Yogi Bhajan tantric / kundalini yoga followers & direct them to Sikh Reht: Sikhs only bow to the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji & a Sikh never worships at the graves of the dead or bows to idols!

In the video, Yogi Bhajan followers are seen worshiping, and prostrating themselves to the building where Yogi Bhajan died & bowing to a golden idol in Espanola New Mexico not more than 500 yards from the SikhNet offices and headquarters!
The Sikh code of conduct specifically states that "Superstitions and rituals should not be observed or followed, including pilgrimages, fasting and ritual purification; circumcision; idols, grave worship...."

"This is not the way to meet the Supreme One and Only. I have performed these rituals so many times. Finally I collapsed, exhausted, at the door of my Creator and I prayed to the Beloved One, 'Please, grant me a discerning intellect'"."

Guru Arjan ang 642

Dr. Trilochan Singh made this very same conclusion about Yogi Bhajan, in 1977. I quote from the book "Sikhism and Tantric Yoga": Yogi Bhajan, "...honestly replied that Tantra (White as he calls it) is his basic faith while Sikhism is only an off-shoot of his Tantric system. Dr. Trilochan Singh replies, "The reason he (Yogi Bhajan) gave was that he believed Sikhism has no meditation techniques. I (Dr. Trilochan Singh) told him (Yogi Bhajan) that Sikhism has more specific, fruitful, and spiritually exalting techniques of meditation, but his (Yogi Bhajan) misfortune is that he has never studied Siri Guru Granth Sahib, and never cared to live according to Sikh Discipline."

Dr. Trilochan Singh goes on to say, "from the point of view of Sikh philosophy and theology I would like to state that Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which would inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously. Every Sikh having even rudimentary knowledge of Sikhism, and even every non-Sikh scholar of Sikhism, would agree with me that Sikhs and Sikhism in America will go down the drain if these things continue to be practiced secretly or openly in the name of Guru Ram Das, and with sacred Sikh mantras as instruments of this type of Tantric Yoga which is extremely repulsive to Sikhism." You may download Dr. Trilochan Singh's book for free as a pdf at: http://gurmukhyoga.com/forum/index.php?mode=page&id=1

Sikh NewsNet report, ..." Yogi Bhajan's dharma, which is considered a cult by at least two US experts..."Akal Takhat committee appoints Yogi Bhajan's son-in-law, Satpal Singh Khalsa/Kohli as convener.

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Thursday, September 12, 2013, 00:14 (3851 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

Sikh NewsNet report on Akal Takhat committee starring Yogi Bhajan's son-in-law, Satpal Singh Khalsa/Kohli. 3HO is described as a controversial sect that has been labelled as a heretical cult: "Daljit Singh also questioned Satpal Singh Khalsa’s appointment to the committee. He is the late Yogi Harbhajan Singh Khalsa’s son-in-law and also a representative of his dharma, which is considered a cult by at least two US experts. By definition, a cult is a group of people with heretically different and schismatic beliefs from those of an established group, often with extreme devotion to its founders, and lives outside of conventional society, usually under the direction of a charismatic leader.

Yogi Bhajan’s dharma was founded in Los Angeles in the early 1970s, and has many practices rejected by Sikhs, which include following another guru, Yogi Bhajan, practicing white-tantric, kundalini and other yoga, establishing a different rehit maryada, forming a ministry and engaging in ritualism.

Yogi Bhajan “…created a new culture of Sikhi as founded by Guru Nanak, the first Guru of the Sikhs,” his Web site, 3HOhistory.com, says.

Guru Terath Singh Khalsa, his lawyer and spokesman, told Time Magazine in 1977 that Yogi Bhajan was "the equivalent of the Pope." According to the article, “The kind of Sikhism preached by Bhajan… is far different from that practiced by 10 million Indians.”

His organization, 3HO (Happy, Holy, Healthy Organization) and Sikh Dharma, appear on a list of cults identified by the Cult Awareness and Information Center.

Cult expert Rick A. Ross called Yogi Bhajan an "absolute authoritarian figure,” in a 2004 obituary written in the New York Times.

“Members of Yogi Bhajan's group claim to be Sikhs. However, according to mainstream members of the religion, by adhering to the doctrine of Yogi Bhajan, they are violating more traditional Sikh teachings,” wrote cult expert, Steven Hassan, on his Huffington Post blog. “Yogi Bhajan's teachings are closer to a synthesis of Kundalini yoga, tantric and New Age practices than anything originating from Sikh teachings.”

http://www.sikhnn.com/headlines/2632/akaal-takhat-forms-committee-represent-us-sikhs

Open letter to SikhNet & all Sikhs on mediating the disputes between the Yogi Bhajan sect & Sikh Reht Maryada Sikhs

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Saturday, September 21, 2013, 14:59 (3842 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh! I have written Satpal Singh, who many of you know, is now the "convener" of a special committee for the Akal Takhat in the US about the un Sikh like practices by Yogi Bhajan's people. For those who may not be aware, Satpal is also Yogi Bhajan's son in-law.

[image]

Satpal said in a letter to me last week, "I am not aware of any direct dispute between the traditional Indian Sikhs and 3HO. If there are any specific concerns from any specific group of Indian Sikhs, I would like to hear about them." I wrote Satpal Singh back a detailed letter on Monday with an explanation of the disputes as I see them but have not heard back yet. Concerned Sikhs should write Satpal Singh too and describe to him the dispute as you see it? Here is Satpal Singh's e-mail address: bhaisahibsatpal@aol.com You may also want to view a video I made on this subject before writing Satpal: "Akal Takhat appoints Yogi Bhajan's son in-law, Satpal Singh as convener of US committee for Sikhs": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBFLyhMUwZw

This letter below is an example of the comments I get almost daily from orthodox Sikh Reht Maryada Sikhs who are concerned about the un Sikh like practices of Yogi Bhajan's followers: From Narinder Singh, "Dear Gursant: Pl keep up your fight against unsikhi like practices of Sikhnet followers till they embrace true Sikhi and merge into mainstream Sikh Sangat. I was earlier considering like donating to Sikhnet till i came across your exposure of their "bipran ki reet". I dont think they have any future as a Sikh-they surely are destined to doom..."

Gurfateh

Gursant Singh

505 903 2675