SikhNet censors Sikh's questions at Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji conference in San Jose Gurdwara!

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Thursday, September 24, 2015, 14:40 (3108 days ago)

"SneakNet" describes Supreet Singh Manchanda's card shuffling censorship game at the SikhNet​ sponsored conference on Saturday! Manchanda, SikhNet's chairman, edited & censored Pritham Singh​'s question and completely discarded my questions aimed at getting the truth out of the Bhajanist yogi packed panel! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_rWwy9sZw

[image]

[image]

The cowardly Bhajanist administrator of Gurusant Exposed​ who won't even reveal themselves, has now passed judgment against Gursant Singh​ & Pritham Singh, condemning our simple request to ask legitimate questions of another Sikh, face to face in a Q & A during the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji conference at the San Jose Gurdwara.

Yesterday I (Gursant Singh)wrote a lengthy reply to pretty much the same comment as an "Amanpal Kaur" wrote on my fb page but whoever Amanpal kaur is deleted their profile after Sikhs wrote well written rebuttals to her lame arguments. Below you will find my response to the admin of Gurusant Exposed as an open letter I wrote to "Amanpal Kaur" which seem to be the same person:

•Waheguru Ji Ka Khalsa Waheguru Ji Ki Fateh!

From Gursant Singh
Dear, Amanpal Kaur

You say: “You came only to try to get attention to yourself with no interest in the topics being presented by all the people at the conference.”

Gursant Singh says, "Well, there’s a great deal of judgment here on your part. Does it not occur to you that, rather than “trying to get attention to myself”, I am speaking for a lot of Sikhs who feel extremely concerned about the way that Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa & Yogi Bhajan’s Sikh Dharma International / 3HO are practicing a form of Sikhi that is not congruent with Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji & Sikh Reht Maryada and is moving further away on a daily basis? Does it ever occur to you that these individuals feel the need to point this out? Can you not see that this attempt to set the record straight is not motivated by hate or by personal glorification but by a genuine concern for the future of Sikhi? I see this concern on Sikh discussion groups from all around the world. Many Sikhs are genuinely worried about the direction that 3HO and SD (Sikh Dharma International) are taking as you can read on this forum: Wake Up Sikhs

[image]

Furthermore, false and misleading information can easily be defeated with facts and answering questions by fellow Sikhs in a straightforward manner. I have yet to see Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa, SikhNet or other Yogi Bhajan Sikh Dharma International members meet any of this so-called “false and misleading information” with facts. Their usual response is to either ignore the info, delete it from the forum if they have the power to do so, or to indulge in what is called an ad hominem attack - to attack the character of the messenger. This is what you are doing in your comment when you say “you(Gursant Singh) have lead an exemplary life with all the scams you have done in your life." How do you know that Sikhs are not genuinely concerned? Has SikhNet & Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa never responded to legitimate concerns by Sikhs that Yogi Bhajan & now SikhNet twist & distort Gurbani to fit their yoga agenda as Anju Kaur at The Sikh Free Press clearly revealed in her article "American Yogis Distort Sikh Scriptures" because SikhNet believes the story is false or that they think Anju Kaur is engaging in a “hate campaign? You can read the article for yourself at: http://www.sikhfreepress.org/headlines/2667/american-yogis-distort-sikh-scripture

Then you say: "The way I saw it, you came to the event without any interest in learning and participating with everyone coming to learn about the Siri Guru Granth Sahib.”
Gursant Singh says, “Well, there’s another major assumption here on your part as well.” On the day of the conference, I had an urgent family matter that I needed to attend to and with a 3 hour drive ahead of me from San Jose to where I live in Yuba City; I needed to leave as quickly as possible. I would have stayed for the entire conference if I had not had that family situation waiting for me to deal with. You will also note in the video I made above that I talked about the wonderful kirtan the Young Sikhs performed and I also listened with great interest to all the speakers after that until it became absolutely necessary for me to leave. As it was I arrived home with only a few minutes remaining to address this urgent family matter.

Now, about your idea that I tried to circumvent the protocol of the conference; if you had watched my video you would have seen how the SikhNet sponsored moderators were censoring & editing the questions presented on the cards by the sangat. Supreet Singh Manchanda, the chairman of SikhNet who lead the panel discussion, changed Pritham Singh’s comment as presented to the panel leaving out key words having to do with SikhNet's endorsement of Yogi Bhajan's yoga. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_rWwy9sZw

Manchanda didn’t even bother to present my question to the panel which asked how the panel saw Yogi Bhajan’s tantric / kundalini yoga fitting into Sikhi after 500 years. I felt my question was completely relevant to Manchanda’s topic since at the conference registration SikhNet included in a bag labeled “4th Annual Siri Guru Sahib Conference” a 3HO yoga promotional card with Yogi Bhajan’s picture adorning it along with a Yogi Bhajan mantra which had nothing to do with the Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji or Sikhi.
There were also verbal questions taken by the previous speaker, IP Singh before Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa spoke. So you see that when I was faced with the deception of "SneakNet", I felt in order to serve the sangat and get the truth out of the speakers, it became necessary to stand-up and ask my questions directly to Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa. Now I will admit that after thinking about this whole situation later in the day, I should have pointed out to the sangat how Manchanda censored Pritham Singh and my comments when he presented our questions to the panelists and I should have also pointed out this fact that with the previous speaker, IP Singh, a precedent of sangat asking verbal questions had been already established. Unfortunately I just didn’t think fast enough in the moment to bring up these arguments at the time.

You say, “when you asked the sangat if they wanted to hear your questions everyone said "NO" and asked you to sit down.” If you listen to the video there is at least one person in the Sangat who clearly says “Let him ask his question” This person supporting me wasn’t my friend Pritham Singh either because the person who is talking is female. Maybe you didn’t hear this sangat member so I would appreciate it if you change your clearly un factual statement. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_rWwy9sZw

[image]

Amanpal Kaur, just to follow-up with one more response to your comments: You say, I(Gursant Singh) “...ignored the moderators request which was for all participants….. to keep the topics related to the presentation.” My question at the conference was concerning Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa's distortion and twisting of Siri Guru Granth Sahib Ji when translated by the Yogi Bhajan people and the history of the Sikh Gurus by Yogi Bhajan & Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa in order to fit their Yogi Bhajan tantric yoga agenda. I think my question was pretty spot on topic if you ask most Sikhs. In this video you can hear my response to Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa’s statement which she made in a 3HO kundalini yoga teacher training video where she says that there is an oral tradition in Punjab that shows a lineage of Yogi Bhajan's tantric / kundalini yoga coming from Guru Nanak Dev Ji to his son, baba siri chand & then to Guru Ram Das Ji. The title of my video response is: “The only "oral tradition" that Guru Nanak was "trained by yogis" is Yogi Bhajan's big fat mouth!” https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccxPAPB6jOs

Amanpal Kaur, another follow-up with my response to your comments:
You say, “why didn't you post the video of the actual event so people can see how rude you were interrupting the conference and speakers. Why not post the whole video of what Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa presented so people can see the truth. instead you show a screen shot and make your own story of "injustice"…”

Gursant Singh says, "For your information, I did post video showing actual footage of my question to Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa and her response along with those responses from members of the sangat. Please start watching at 9:55 in the video for my explanation of the events and then actual footage of the Q & A for Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa’s talk. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QU_rWwy9sZw&feature=player_detailpage#t=594