Khalsa Council lawsuit update and Unto Infinity Board

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Thursday, April 01, 2010, 13:07 (5132 days ago) @ Gursant Singh
edited by Gursant Singh, Friday, April 16, 2010, 13:58

Please read an Excerpt below taken from

"Sikhism and Tantric Yoga"
by Dr. Trilochan Singh (Link to entire book)

"Yogi Bhajan is using the sacred Sikh mantras and the sacred name of Guru Ram Das as a mantle for his Tantric Sex Yoga which will inevitably lead to mental and physical debauchery of those who take his brand of Sikhism contaminated by crazy sex-energizing asanas seriously."

Update Regarding Lawsuit, October 2, 2009
October 2, 2009
On July 4th the SDS sent SDI a letter (dated July 1st) with another copy of the subpoena, reiterating Mr. Lambert's advice (included in the SDS Packet). At my request, Mr. Lambert sent me the Release on Monday, July 6th, which I forwarded to Bibiji and Mr. Soni, her attorney along with a copy of the SDS's July 1st letter. On July 12th I sent a status report to Gurucharan Kaur (UI's and SDS's Executive Secretary) (included in the SDS Packet). On July 13th Mr. Soni sent me a lengthy letter detailing his concerns with the Release. Attachment 4. On July 20th Mr. Lambert called me and stated that despite Mr. Soni's letter for strategic reasons they wanted to keep pressure on Bibiji (to take a leave of absence or sign the release) through the end of the month. This was just weeks before the beginning of depositions of her and the Trustees which they apparently hoped to prevent by pressuring her to settle her claims. I sent Mr. Lambert a more narrowly drafted Release which he rejected the next day.

I then sent Mr. Lambert a draft Leave of Absence document for Bibiji to step down temporarily from her duties as Bhai Sahiba and as an SDI Board member. There were several versions revised by Mr. Lambert to require that Bibiji agree to a Leave of Absence without pay and benefits. I sent an email to Mr. Lambert on July 24th raising concerns about the legality of forcing Bibiji to step down without pay and benefits in light of the claims set out in Mr. Soni's July 13th letter. In an email dated July 27th, Mr. Lambert summarily rejected those concerns. Attachment 5. Mr. Lambert's proposed Request for Leave of Absence was sent to Mr. Soni for review, but there has been no agreement to the Request for Leave of Absence.

In the meantime, on July 10th, a Special Master appointed by the court to resolve the subpoena issue in the Trust v. Bibiji lawsuit issued a Report narrowing the scope of the subpoena to Sikh Dharma International and the other corporations to only require some types of documents and only documents dated from January 1, 1998 to the present. An opposition was filed by the subpoenaed entities (SDI and the other nonprofits). After a further hearing on August 12th, the court ordered that the subpoenaed materials were due to Bibiji no later than August 26th. SDI along with the other nonprofits submitted the subpoenaed information by that deadline. However, SDI was not able to review any of its Board minutes from the period prior to the Siri Singh Sahib's death to determine for itself they should be delivered to Bibiji as none of them were on file at the Chancellor's Office in Los Angeles. SDI was denied access to its own Board minutes, which were in the possession of Roy Lambert and UI, by Siri Karm Kaur who stated in an August 24th email: "When the SDS has confirmed that SDI is in good standing with their sole member and upon their subsequent request, we will compile copies of what is in Schwabe (Mr. Lambert's law firm) and UI's records re: SDI for however the SDS would like them stored."

At the same time the Bibiji subpoena matter was going on, on August 3rd SDI sent a letter to UI raising legal concerns regarding another situation - the SDS's replacement of the Sikh Dharma of Phoenix Board of Directors. Mr. Lambert, in an August 12th email, rejected SDI's concerns and went on to discuss his perception that the real problem was SDI was not cooperating with the SDS and stated: "Without cooperation it may be in Sikh Dharma's interest that SDS consider board and officer replacement."

SDI heard nothing further regarding the Bibiji subpoena until the SDS' September 17th packet. Anticipating that it would be brought up at the Khalsa Council meetings, I forwarded the packet to Bibiji's attorney, Surjit Soni, and he provided the attached letter dated September 21, 2009 directly addressing the SDS's statements in its packet. Attachment 6. Contrary to statements in recent Khalsa Council e-group communications, Mr. Soni again confirms that if any additional funds are later found to be due to Bibiji, it is her intent that they come from the Trust assets, not from the assets of the non-profits. He states in bold type: "Bibiji has repeatedly stated and repeats again, she is not seeking any non-profit which has received any property or money from SSS before he died to return any such gifts or contributions."

continued at post reply

Complete thread: