Legal Infighting within Yogi Bhajan's organizations

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Friday, June 11, 2010, 13:24 (5039 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

Just read in these letters the infighting that is going on in the 3HO Sikh community and decide for yourself if the Tantric yoga Yogi Bhajan taught his students is damaging or not.
Please read an Excerpt below taken from

"Sikhism and Tantric Yoga"
by Dr. Trilochan Singh (Link to entire book)

----- Original Message -----
To: ekongkaar@sikhdharma.org
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 5:37 PM
Subject: Re: Status of SDI: From Sikh Dharma Stewardship

Sat Nam Ek Ong Kar Kaur,

I will send this message from SS Gurukirin Kaur to the people I know, even though it is not straight, and it is not honest. It is not.

There was a structure with directives set up by the Siri Singh Sahib. At the highest central point of that structure, those directives are being ignored. By recognizing those people who choose to ignore those directives, you also are ignoring those directives.

I recognize Bibi Ji as Bhai Sahiba. I recognize Sardarni Guru Amrit Kaur as Siri Sikhdar Sahiba.I recognize the current Secretary General SS Gurujot Kaur. I recognize the current Chancellor SS Amrit Kaur. I recognize the original and current Board of Sikh Dharma International. I recognize the original Board's right and duty to challenge in every way available the ineligibility of Unto Infinity Board members who no longer regard living as Khalsa important. I recognize the right and duty of all sons and daughters of the Siri Singh Sahib to challenge anyone who regards the opinions of a lawyer over the rehit of the Guru.

I recognize the authority of the Khalsa Council. I recognize the role it should play in advising and guiding this Dharma.

I recognize the Siri Singh Sahib's right to expect his wishes to be carried out and royalties from the businesses he created to be distributed to his staff and spouse for 75 years not "just a few". I recognize the Siri Singh Sahib's right to expect his wishes to be carried out so that his image and likeness to continue to be associated with the businesses and organizations he not only created but dragged kicking and screaming into existence. I recognize the Siri Singh Sahib's right to expect his wishes to be carried out and this dharmic family continues to have a policy of "No Hire No Fire".

I have never understood the idea that are sides in this Dharma. We have standards. We live to those standards. To say that there are sides, toys with the concept that some standards are not worth pursuing. I can not choose which standards we should start ignoring because these are challenging times.

Humbly,
Mukhtiar Singh Khalsa

To: mukhtiar@newmexico.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 30, 2009 1:55 PM
Subject: Status of SDI: From Sikh Dharma Stewardship

Sat Nam, Mukhtiar Singh ji.

Blessings to you. Would you kindly consider forwarding this to your e-group? Deeply appreciate it if you could.

Thank you so much.

With Divine Light,

SS Ek Ong Kaar Kaur Khalsa

December 30, 2009

Dear members of the Khalsa Council and the international Sikh Dharma community,

Wahe Guru Ji Ka Khlasa, Wahe Guru Ji Ki Fateh.

When the Siri Singh Sahib passed away, he did not designate a single individual or personality to move the mission forward. Rather, he recognized the innate capacity in all of his students to rise to the standard and serve the future. The system he created to replace him was one of checks and balances – a corporate governance structure infused with the values and ideals of his teachings. To hold that check and balance, he created different boards and various positions that, when working together harmoniously, could hold the kind of space for our community that he, himself, held as a graced and graceful Kundalini Yoga master and Sikh of the Guru.

It is to be expected that it will take time for us to grow into the shoes that he left behind. We also have to honor that every person is grappling in his or her own heart with an individual vision of how to protect and progress the Siri Singh Sahib’s legacy. Collectively we have had to deal with a tremendous amount of uncertainty since his leaving. Yet, he did leave structures, directions and processes in place and he trusted our maturity to honor and support what he created. The simple truth is that everyone has an individual idea of what we need to do. But now is the time to call on kindness, courage, civility and consciousness to forge unity among our differences.

All of that said, we are currently facing a very challenging time. We understand that there have been communication issues on all sides, and the result is that a vocal portion of our community has chosen to file a lawsuit rather than work within the corporate structure that the Siri Singh Sahib left. In their communications they are stating that they are doing the real work of SDI. The reality is that all of us are doing the real work of SDI. It is just a question of whether we are going to be able to figure out how to do it together or not. The unfortunate fall-out of the lawsuit is that it is creating a split in the community when it is written in our destiny to be one.

As we work with these difficult community dynamics, please be assured that the institution of Sikh Dharma International does exist. The corporate integrity established by the Siri Singh Sahib still exists. The co-operative relationships with the other legacy non-profits including 3HO, KRI, and Miri Piri Academy continue. The legal operation of the SDI Ministry still exists. The various affiliates still derive their non-profit status from Sikh Dharma International. Sikh Dharma International is alive and well, and it is operating to the best of its capacity in light of the lawsuit going on.

Those who have founded and are promoting Sikh Dharma Worldwide have voluntarily left this corporate structure in order to create their own organization. We wish them all success in finding a vehicle that serves their needs to further the Siri Singh Sahib’s mission. But in terms of the religious non-profit organization that the Siri Singh Sahib established, which gives ministers their status and which holds the role of organizing and communicating the Siri Singh Sahib’s teachings on Sikh Dharma in tandem with the other legacy non-profits, that institution still stands. And it stands by its own merit and identity – independent of the politics of the moment.

As we continue as a planet to move step by step into the Age of Aquarius, let us all keep our sadhana strong, our minds neutral and intuitive, and our expectations flexible. Like everyone, we are evolving, changing and growing with the shift of ages. It is through neutrality, our intuitive sensitivity, our deep love for one another and our collective consciousness that we can find our way to the other side of the events that are currently unfolding. We trust and know that Guru Ram Das, the Lord of Miracles, has always held this Dharma in his Radiant body and that everything unfolding today is within the Divine Will and the Divine Plan of which each and every single one of us is a part.

In the Name of the Cosmos which prevails through everyBODY and the Holy Nam which holds the world.

Humbly yours,

SS Gurukirn Kaur Khalsa
President, Sikh Dharma Stewardship
To: mukhtiar@newmexico.com ; Ardas Khalsa
Sent: Thursday, December 24, 2009 1:03 PM
Subject: FW: Dasvandh Contribution Instructions

Sat Nam -

Here is some information to those who would like to contribute financially in someway to the work of our SDI Team working to restore the integrity of the leadership of Siri Singh Sahib Ji's legacy. It would be great to foward to those you know.
Many blessings, in gratitude,
Humbly yours,
SatSundri Kaur

SS SatSundri Kaur Khalsa
Mobile US 505.927.8718
http://satsundri.blogspot.com, www.dashmeshsadan.org
"The attitude of gratitude is the highest way of living, and is the biggest truth, highest truth." ~ Yogi Bhajan

Subject: Dasvandh Contribution Instructions
Date: Thu, 24 Dec 2009 13:06:20 -0500

Dear Ones,

Sat Nam. Sikh Dharma Worldwide, an independent, non-profit 501 (c) 3 corporation has been established so the Board and staff of Sikh Dharma International can continue their work of serving this Dharma. Sikh Dharma Worldwide is envisioned as a temporary entity to provide a safe haven for Dasvandh and other donations until the legal issues are resolved. The current Board of Sikh Dharma Worldwide is the same Board as the recently "fired" SDI Board.

Many people have inquired as to how they can support Sikh Dharma at this time. One of the best things to do in addition to your prayers, is to contribute to Sikh Dharma Worldwide Dasvandh. Contributions can be sent to:

Sikh Dharma Worldwide Dasvandh
551 W. Cordova Rd. #407
Santa Fe, NM 87505

For individuals wanting to sign up for automatic EFT or Credit Card donations, please see the attached donation form. You can fax or scan and email the form back.

For those Sangat members already on an automatic plan that wish to start Dasvandh payments going to Sikh Dharma Worldwide, simply send an email to Amrit Kaur who works with Dasvandh (amritsddv@gmail.com) stating your preference to switch from Sikh Dharma International to Sikh Dharma Worldwide.

Feel free to forward the attached donation form out to your Sangats if you are so inclined.

Please let me know if you have any questions.

Humbly yours,

Satwant Singh Khalsa
dasvandh@gmail.com
703-346-4489

Sent: Tuesday, December 22, 2009 4:34 PM
To: 'khalsa-council@mail-list.com'
Subject: Honor bestowed to Bibiji by India Sikh community

My Dear Brothers and Sisters of Khalsa Council,

While we are discussing very serious matters among ourselves, Sikh world continues to bestow honors upon us while remembering Siri Singh Sahib and Bibiji’s service and sacrifices which build and inspire Sikh Dharma in Western Hemisphere.

On 12 December 2009, Bhai Sahiba Bibiji Inderjit Kaur Khalsa was conferred with the most prestigious SHANE KHALSA (Glory of Khlasa) award from Kesh Sambhal Parchar Sanstha in Delhi, India for her life-long services to the Sikh Panth. ( please see awards attachments. If it is blocked, please ask me for the copy. It is very beautiful Kirpan and plaque.) The ceremony took place at the Khalsa College, Delhi University, in India. Kesh Sambhal Parchar Sanstha is a non-political, non-governmental organization that propagates a spiritual way of life through its organization of various social, cultural, educational, and spiritual programs. Many congratulations to our Bhai Sahiba for this honored achievement.

I am sharing this award recognitions with Khalsa brother and Sisters around the world and their followers learning Teachings of Yogi Bhajan.

Satnam,

Sat Nam Sadh Sangat Ji,

I am forwarding an e- mail authored by SS Hari Nam Singh and circulated to the Khalsa Council e-mail list. I received this e-mail from several public sources and I have e-mailed SS Hari Nam Singh if he had any objections to posting this, he had no objections.

Humbly,
Mukhtiar Singh

(If this notices came to you from others and you are not receiving these notices directly please send me your e-mail address and I will happily add you to my list, and again if you do not wish to continue receiving these, please let me know)

On Dec 22, 2009, at 3:44 PM, hari nam khalsa wrote:

Fellow Brothers and Sisters on the Khalsa Council,
My response to Gurucharan's "observations on recent court visit" will be short and sweet. For my own peace of mind, I want to state the following for the record. Obviously, I have feelings about this whole matter and have unabashedly taken a strong position against UI/SDS. That being said, I will try to limit my comments to what occurred in the courtroom on the day in question. I am an attorney and have practiced law in the Oregon court system for over 30 years. I attended the court hearing alluded to in Gurucharan’s email, and as an Oregon attorney, understood the meaning and implication of every word spoken by the judge at that hearing. While being more-or- less factually correct, the actual substance of Gurucharan‘s communication was self-serving and misleading and did not represent the truth of the matter. The bottom line is that the case was not thrown out of court; the judge merely wanted the complaint to be worded more concisely and within certain legal bounds and gave the plaintiffs the right to do so. This type of procedural process is not uncommon, especially in a complex case such as this one. It is equally important to mention that since this is still at the pretrial hearing stage and the facts of the case have not been brought forward yet, the court has obviously made no findings as to the merit of the allegations made in the complaint. I would refer everyone reading this email to the post- hearing email sent by Gurujot Kaur the other day. From my perspective, that was an accurate and comprehensive statement, both factually and substantively, as to what actually transpired last week in Multnomah County Circuit Court. Lastly, it is worth mentioning that not one of the members of the UI board attended the hearing, even though a majority of them live right here in Portland. On the other hand, all the members of "SDS" attended the hearing, for the most part flying in from great distances to do so.You are free to draw your own conclusions regarding that fact.

With Love and Blessings,
Hari Nam Singh

Sat Nam Sadh Sangat Ji,

I am forwarding an e- mail authored by SS Gurujodha Singh and circulated to the Khalsa Council e-mail list. I received this e-mail from several public sources and I have e-mailed SS Gurujodha Singh if he had any objections to posting this, he had no objections.

Humbly,
Mukhtiar Singh

(If this notices came to you from others and you are not receiving these notices directly please send me your e-mail address and I will happily add you to my list, and again if you do not wish to continue receiving these, please let me know)

Continued at reply to this post

Complete thread: