When I finally got around to reading the Rehat Maryada, I was surprised to see how simple a Sikh's life could be.

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Sunday, December 04, 2011, 15:42 (4519 days ago) @ Gursant Singh

From the forum of former and ex Yogi Bhajan followers Wacko World of Yogi Bhajan: http://forums.delphiforums.com/Kamallarose/messages?msg=1566.122

StillaSikh says: YB (Yogi Bhajan) was a Hindu in Sikh clothing. His desire was to turn us into yogic ascetic zombies who would do his bidding. (At least the rank and file were poor ascetics. The inner circle were yogic ostentatious zombies.) Youth is for living, for making mistakes and learning from them. Not for living in a cocoon and trying to be perfect. True wisdom comes from living, not from avoiding life by wrapping the self up in a cloak of false spirituality. Parroting someone else's so-called wisdom is not wisdom at all.

When I finally got around to reading the Rehat Maryada, I was surprised to see how simple a Sikh's life could be. Essentially, love God, abstain from rituals and superstitions, share with those less fortunate, look to Siri Guru Granth Sahib for guidance, a short list of do's and don'ts... that's it in a nutshell. Granted, some of those do's and don'ts can be pretty tough to follow (and I'm not saying I do it well) but they're simple, not complicated.

Bhajan's endless rules and proper ways of doing Every. Single. Little. Thing. All the 31 minute meditations that had to be done Every. Single. Day. All that crap that made us too busy and tired to think our own thoughts, to feel our own feelings... none of that had anything to do with Sikhism.

Complete thread: