Did Gursant Singh violate the Sikh code of conduct by bribing Indian immigration officials in order to escape the corrupt Indian courts & police?

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Tuesday, May 14, 2013, 12:18 (3998 days ago)

Yogi Bhajan's kundalini yoga cult accuses me of violating Sikh Reht by bribing Indian officials & faking an exit visa from India. What do you think? I explain in Chapter 64 of my book http://amzn.to/Y7VRvy "Confessions of An American Sikh" how and why I bribed Indian and Nepalese immigration officials:
[image]

"And that’s how the conversation goes for more than an hour. I take every opportunity to let them (the Indian immigration officers) know mine is a minor legal trouble that has turned into a year-long ordeal. I stress that all I want is to get home to my aging mother and father to care for them. I assure them nobody is ever going to hear about my case. Regardless, they just keep on joking and horsing around. I have learned by now not to mention bribes outright. I will just let them bring up the amount of “tip” they expect for their services.
“This is a good man!” says the skinny one.
“Yes,” says the fat one, “he is so good, he should come to a party with us!”....
In the end, they want fifty thousand rupees, almost 700 U.S. dollars. I give them the money and my passport and they stroll out the door. They are still laughing when they leave, but I am exhausted and disgusted by all the sexual bullshitting, and I am angry. I seriously suspect I have just thrown away my passport to this couple of whoring idiots. I slam down the money for the check and storm off....."

I was jailed in Amritsar's Ram Bagh police station in January of 2008 on false charges & I can attest to the brutal torture of prisoners by India's corrupt Punjab police. Read about my full account of the corruption and abuse of human rights by India's police and courts towards Sikhs in my new book "Confessions of an American Sikh" Read how I finally had to escape India by bribing Indian and Nepalese immigration officers in order to escape. http://www.amazon.com/Confessions-American-Sikh-corrupt-ebook/dp/B00ANSWUPM/ref=zg_bs_158529011_1.
[image]

Complete thread: