Yogi Bhajan Instructs students to Meditate on his picture

by Gursant Singh ⌂ @, Yuba City California USA, Wednesday, April 28, 2010, 05:40 (5111 days ago) @ Prabhu Singh Khalsa

The following is taken from "Sikhism and Tantric Yoga" by Dr. Trilochan Singh.

Yogi Bhajan, the Guru and His Instructions to Meditate on his Particular Picture

In his Journal Kundalini Research Institute of 3HO and a number of his other papers he leaves his followers in no doubt that he is the prophet of the new age with such mighty spiritual powers that he controls their destinies, their auras and their magnetic fields. He is their Master, their Spiritual Guide and their Guru. Without a living guru they cannot know the truth, and out of all the living gurus he can reveal the truth best; and out of all his pictures they must meditate on one picture of him. (Fig. 10) Figure 10 Yogi Bhajan "Meditate on this picture of mine" says Yogi Bhajan, "People will enjoy beaming who have meditated on the picture of mine. Look at the Light in the eyes of the photo and travel mentally through the picture to the source of the Light. Meditate from 15 minutes to 4 hours."—Yogi Bhajan.

All 3HO inmates have to get up early in the morning and do this meditation on Yogi Bhajan's picture. I will quote a few vitally important sentences. The interested reader can acquire the whole magazine. “Even a glance from the eyes of a holy man can cure mental and physical imbalances. The eyes and gazing are recognized as a powerful technique to focus pranic energy. As you fix your gaze on various objects new aspects of that object will present themselves to you . . . For these reasons, pictures of saints and objects of inspiration have always been subject of meditation. Not all pictures have the same effect, even if the pictures are of the same person. One picture may show happiness, another sadness, and another contemplation. Meditation on each will provoke those qualities. It is extremely rare for any Master to give a photo that shows neutrality and a direct stare from the eyes. This is the only type of picture suitable for Tratakam in Guru Yoga.” Yogi Bhajan said it this way:
"People will enjoy beaming who have meditated on that picture of mine. You know there is a special meditation picture; not all pictures do anything. However weird that particular picture is, sometimes you don't like it, but that's the only picture that works. All other pictures can do nothing. That is the only one. What should I do? Now, I know some people complain to me, 'Yogiji, your other pictures are more beautiful.' But I say, 'I can't help it. Sometimes non-beautiful things are required, too.' "
“We are fortunate to have such a picture of the Mahan Tantric. If it is meditated on properly and seriously, the karmas can be erased and individual destiny expanded. To properly practice, set the photo about 3-6 feet away. Set one or two candles in front of it so the picture is clear. The rest of the room should be dark. Sit very straight in some easy pose and cover your head and body with a meditation shawl or blanket. Sit on a sheepskin or wool blanket to insulate your auric field properly. Now tune OM Guru Dev Namo. Know that you will receive guidance in all matters. Then open the eyes wide to look eye into eye at the picture. Draw up lower eyelids slightly. . . . Look at the light in the eyes of the photo and travel mentally through the picture to the source of that light. . . Meditate from 15 minutes to 4 hours. A good time is 31 minutes. Just remember to keep your gaze on the light of guidance in the eyes. During the meditation the picture may begin to move and look three dimensional. Have the picture talk and move at your command. Mentally ask a question and listen to the answers. After meditation, close your eyes and picture that face at the brow point and again get it to move and act for you. When this is mastered, you just meditate on your inner photo (p 22).
Nothing else has the value of this meditation. It is a must for any student teacher of Kundalini Yoga as taught by Yogi Bhajan to practice this regularly. The practice is called mental beaming. Try this practice for 40 days in the early morning before sunrise and see what effects it has on you (p 22).
* This meditation picture is best prepared with a colored background cut to fit around Yogiji's face. Although there are specific colors which can be used on given days of the week and for their different effects, the color orange, as in the Adi Shakti, is recommended for regular use. (footnote on page 22)
So daily meditation on this picture of Mahan Tantric Yogi Bhajan is a must for all his followers from 31 minutes to 4 hours. This is what they should do when they get up early in the morning. But it has been noted that when orthodox Sikhs visit the ashram in the morning, this sadhana is not performed in their presence.

Complete thread: